Guzzi replacement parts

bigbikerrick

Im just curious if anyone has any information as to warranty parts being sent to dealers, I know that with the piaggio thing, the closing of the MGNA facility in Georgia, and things being moved to New York, no one was getting warranty parts. Are any parts being shipped now? is there an email address we can use to "rattle their cage", or a number we can call, like we used to,to contact "Michelle"? Ive been waiting since Sept 05 for a pair of intake boots under warranty, and this is getting ridiculous! The dealer just states, "they have not come in yet" I love this bike, but this parts thing is beyond reason... :(

Im just curious if anyone has any information as to warranty parts being sent to dealers, I know that with the piaggio thing, the closing of the MGNA facility in Georgia, and things being moved to New York, no one was getting warranty parts. Are any parts being shipped now? is there an email address we can use to "rattle their cage", or a number we can call, like we used to,to contact "Michelle"? Ive been waiting since Sept 05 for a pair of intake boots under warranty, and this is getting ridiculous! The dealer just states, "they have not come in yet" I love this bike, but this parts thing is beyond reason... :(

81045[/snapback]

I'm still waiting for simple, basic non-esoteric parts ordered at the begining of November '05 :(

Guest Nogbad
I'm still waiting for simple, basic non-esoteric parts ordered at the begining of November '05 :(

81057[/snapback]

What parts can't you get?

MI has them in stock. In the past I offered to give you a set to use now, if you replace them when your warranty ones come in. The offer stands.

Parts have been shipping. I say "have" because they won't be for the next two weeks while they change systems yet again. Parts are scheduled to resume shipping March 13.

MI has them in stock. In the past I offered to give you a set to use now, if you replace them when your warranty ones come in. The offer stands.

Parts have been shipping. I say "have" because they won't be for the next two weeks while they change systems yet again. Parts are scheduled to resume shipping March 13.

81091[/snapback]

Greg, I truly appreciate your offer, you are a true gentleman :notworthy: ,but I would feel very guilty taking advantage of your generosity, as Im not sure when the dealer in Tucson will get them in, and what if you need them for one of your customers? they gave me no time frame on their arrival.

They are changing to Piaggio's system so that any Vespa, Aprilia, Guzzi etc dealer can access the same database.

It should be interesting!

81170[/snapback]

If they can get this up and running in a timely manner it would be sweat. I've got an Aprilia dealer up the hill in Motta, and he speaks english. :blush: damn the inability to learn another language.

Z

Rick, if the part you need is #14 in the pic below,

make sure your dealer has the new number on order.

Old number was 01114300, replaced by 01114390.

This supercession is not made automatically in the current

parts ordering system. The old number will remain on order forever,

never to be filled.

v11airtube.gif

I have four of these boots in stock. Can "loan" you a pair until yours come in.

If your bike is unridable, take up Greg or I on the offer.

If it is merely cosmetic, ask your dealer to confirm the part number on order.

Rick, if the part you need is #14 in the pic below,

make sure your dealer has the new number on order.

Old number was 01114300, replaced by 01114390.

This supercession is not made automatically in the current

parts ordering system. The old number will remain on order forever,

never to be filled.

v11airtube.gif

I have four of these boots in stock. Can "loan" you a pair until yours come in.

If your bike is unridable, take up Greg or I on the offer.

If it is merely cosmetic, ask your dealer to confirm the part number on order.

81206[/snapback]

Thanks a bunch Todd, #14 is exactly what im waiting for. Darn ,without this forum and folks like you, we would be screwed with our Guzzis. I have repaired the cracks in my original boots with "automotive Goop" and they seem to be holding without an intake leak for now. Its reassuring to know that you and Greg have some on hand though, in the event that mine fail completely I will be giving you a call, I dont care if I have to pay for them myself, At my age, whats left of life is too short not to be riding due to a piece of rubber "manicotti". Again , Thank You Sir! You are very generous! :notworthy:

Guest ckamin

I had ordered a non-fluted headlight (such as the ones on the Le Mans) for my '03 Naked, but was thinking of cancelling it now, as there are other things to spend my money on. For crying out loud, I think I asked my dealer to place the order in Noevmber (well, at least I know it was before x-mas!!!)

Carl

What parts can't you get?

81087[/snapback]

I requested a number of parts under warranty, at the very beginning of November, just before my warranty was about to expire. They were for the problems I had with leaking bevel box seal, undersized back axle spacer and prematurely worn wheel bearings. – So, all very basic/common parts: seal, bearings and a couple of copper washers for the bevel box. The most esoteric part is the axle spacer tube. There is one part, that the Italians can't bear to release, still causing the hold-up. I don't know which one it is.

Just reiterates that the Guzzi is a DIY bike – you wouldn't necessarily want to be relying on dealers/MG warranties to keep you on the road, unless you're lucky enough to be near an enthusiastic dealer/workshop. There don't seem to be many of us in that fortunate position. Hence the need for help through the forum and access to parts from outside 'the system'.