cable rerouting?

wheelsucker

For those that installed clipon bar risers, how did you reroute the cables? Did you take of the top of the triple tree and mount the cable infront of the tubes(closer to the frame) or around the back side(closer to the fairing)? Don't know if I want to pay for new lines at this time, the boss would KILL me for spending even more money on my beloved le mans. Thanks for the help.

The fairing on the Lemans restricts the height you can raise the bars. I found it to be about 2" up and 1" back and still have the reservoirs and lever perches clear the fairing. The only line I had to reroute behind the top clamp was for the clutch, all others wiring looms and lines were long enough. I held the line with small vise grips to get it at the right position to start the banjo bolt. Be careful,as you can easily cross-thread it, then bleed the line.

If you know of someone with an `01 Sport with the clip-ons below the top clamp go have a sit on that or better yet take it for a ride because with the limit you can raise the bars on your Lemans it will work out to be about the same position. That`s what I found with my `02 Lemans as compared to my buddies `01 Sport. I guess it all depends on how tall you are and the length of your arms as to what will be comfortable for you. For me it was just not the right position for my back so as much as I love the looks of that fairing I removed it and installed regular bars on Tag risers and am quite happy with the result. Good luck.