Swingarm thunk

Guest jlburgess

Guest jlburgess

Every so often when I hit a bump, I "feel" a thunk in the swingarm or shock through the left footpeg. It's been doing this since the bike was new, but I can't find any loose bolts or anything. Does anyone have this problem? BTW I have the accessory adjustable footpegs mounted.

Thanks!

John

'01 V11S

Guest JohnInNH

Mr. Burgess,

Does this set up have a much different position than the stock set up? could you post some pictures of the peg location.

It seems to me this "sport rider foot rest and controls kit" does not really change the position of the pegs very much or at all.

I would like to see the difference.

Guest jlburgess

The pegs can be rotated back and down about 1/2 to 3/4 inch. It makes a significant difference to me because I can get my knees in the fuel tank cut outs now. They aren't nearly as low as the ones that Al posted the pictures for the other day though.

I got 'em for free on the accessory rebate, so no complaints from me! I think they look better too and provide a more solid shifter feel by eliminating the complicated linkage set up.

You can see a picture on the italian website:

http://www.motoguzzi.it/ita/v11_ss_pg.html#

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jim in tx

Mr. Burgess

I have a 2000 and it has also made the same sound since day one .Wish i had a answer for you.But i have not been able to pinpoint the source

i