Apparently you and your bike are alive and well :D

today did my first run ever

-Oss Scola's camshaft

-Bmc pods w/ venturi

-Stucchi X-over

-modified stock carbon exhaust

-remapped eprom

NOTE: power and torque at the drive shaft

Would be interesting to see a measurment on the back wheel , so perhaps then one can calculate the losses of the bike.I have read that the loses of power on shaft bikes is about 10-12%.Don't know if it is like this though, never seen a bike measured both in wheel and crankshaft

I'm not shure about ALL the mods... it has been modded deeply in the engine by the first owner, a dealer in Milano. All mods into the engine by Bruno Scola (you know him? :bier: )

I've been yesterday at lunch with Scola, to show him my dyno run. He suggested to me and my friend (he's actually friend of Scola) the dyno test in that place halfway to Milano and Mandello. he consider this run realistic.

The crankshaft measurement is actually possible with high accuracy (i saw also wheel test but didn't read data, i was quite astonished after seen 101,5 hp.... ) the machine read loss of power of trasmission with clutch disengaged...

It could be more with a KS camshaft (specific for racing) and in Scola's opinion it's cause of the nice mix of stucchi xcross, exhaust, and OSS camshaft... with free air intake and eeprom remapped.

See, i didn't ever know my engine was already tuned. It should be the dyno run BEFORE work on the engine... but i discovered (thanks to Scola) that i already got a OSS cam inside...

I swear, it's not my guilty.

And I didn't know Mr Eko was dead. In the third season?

:)

Would be interesting to see a measurment on the back wheel , so perhaps then one can calculate the losses of the bike.I have read that the loses of power on shaft bikes is about 10-12%.Don't know if it is like this though, never seen a bike measured both in wheel and crankshaft

Yes, it's about 10% of loss at the wheel.

I find the big dip in the power curve quite surprising, looking at your mods.

The cams is the real heart of tuning. Valve rising fron 7mm to 10mm. And different timing. With fast extraction exhaust and a correct eeprom map, you easily get up to 15 hp.

Only KS cams gives 15hp. Oss maybe 4-5 less. They are cams with profile tested in 30 year on guzzi Vtwins.

I find the big dip in the power curve quite surprising, looking at your mods.

sry i misunderstood in last post

If i understand what you mean (but im not sure :( )

It's not a big dip it's the torque and power curve crossing... :lol:

The pwr curve starts below torque line.

and it ends higher :bier:

Did I get what you meant? :)

It could be more with a KS camshaft (specific for racing) and in Scola's opinion it's cause of the nice mix of stucchi xcross, exhaust, and OSS camshaft... with free air intake and eeprom remapped.

Only KS cams gives 15hp. Oss maybe 4-5 less. They are cams with profile tested in 30 year on guzzi Vtwins.

I have the RS cam in my engine but I haven't dyno it yet. I really enjoy the new curve tho.

scola.jpg

Now , when changing cams is it necessary to change valves and valve seats, guides ,ect.ect. and so on also?

seats and guides, no.

but it's a good thing replace those 4 things (i dunno how are they called in english) right in the picture.

sometimes are badly worn.

immagine1ng6.jpg

the scola cams have a harder surface treatment, they don't worn like stock cams

A good thing is also replacing at 15 euro the camchain tensioner, with the Scola's one. higly suggested, a must-do actually.

Thanks , these things are the camshaft seats (my naming on that) Have change thse along with valves, valve seats and guides 15k km ago. The tensioner is also to be changed soon, Thanks for the info, I#ll have to ask at Agostini if they have this ''Scola tensioner'', or where else?

There is also this kind of camshaft that is very popular in Germany, alo has inside holes for better lubrication

http://www.hmb-guzzi.de/html/tuning_e.htm

Gennerally I am not into this kind of chanes right now but for the record , one should know what's up there

:bier:

Thanks , these things are the camshaft seats (my naming on that) Have change thse along with valves, valve seats and guides 15k km ago. The tensioner is also to be changed soon, Thanks for the info, I#ll have to ask at Agostini if they have this ''Scola tensioner'', or where else?

Right ask for a "scola tensioner" i think they understand.

There is also this kind of camshaft that is very popular in Germany, alo has inside holes for better lubrication

http://www.hmb-guzzi.de/html/tuning_e.htm

Gennerally I am not into this kind of chanes right now but for the record , one should know what's up there

:bier:

yes, sure. Everybody says that at the beginning then.... easily become a "tuning addicted" :grin::grin::bier:

yes, sure. Everybody says that at the beginning then.... easily become a "tuning addicted" :grin::grin::bier:

OK this is right , but not to my occasion, Yes I develop my own chips and to some fuel tunning to the bike , for the reason I wanted to have a perfect AFR map for the injection, dunno about the PS but definatelly beter than the factory one (don't care how much), as well as the fuel consumption has gone down.

I won't mess with new type cams,ect.ect. it would be a headache to remap my bike again , lol.-