DYNO GALLERY

dlaing

2004 V11 Coppa Italia with MG Ti slip-ons, FBF X-over, FBF air box replacement kit, stock ECU with power commander and custom map done by FBF in PA.

I would like to include a jpg image of the dyno chart but I am not sure exactly how this is done.

I think the extra trouble of getting a temperature reading before drilling and welding would be a good idea.

Here is what Innovate says (KEEP IN MIND DIFFERENT SENSORS WILL SPEC DIFFERENT OPERATING TEMPERATURE):

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/faq.php

The sensor is instaled at the position shown.I think it s O.K. , it gets warm relatively fast (30secs exactly as the manua suggests) with the motor not running.I have instaled a shorter bung , the sensor now gets a bit deeper (2mm or so)

Photos are as shown th first shows position , the second as it goes warm showing the sensors temp (at 80 starts to measure)

I do not have any option on correcting individually the cylinders' mapping (if it is diagnosed that perhaps the one is more rich or lean)on the chip of the 16M, so perhaps i'll instal a second bung on the other pipe just for the 'shake' of it.

Anyways the idle does a around 13a/f (12.9-13.1) and the whole map is around 12,6 to 14,5 when opening throtle, around 13,2 to 14 when steady and it is gong a bit rich(sometimes even11.2) when I close throtle , i.e. to change gear (mostly if I have low rpm) generally I can say drops down a 6-12% when closing throtle dunno if that means a TPS voltage adjustment or anything else or throtle bodies sync screws.

But anyways ...lol, i will applause myself once again for that nice map I have made. :whistle:

Much credit goes of cource here where 'it all started' :thumbsup: and thanks again 'dlaing' for your quite 'educative' forum responces as well as all others'. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am surprized that my first try somewhat 'blind shoot' mapping was very very close to what I was imagining I was doing.... :D

Any clues would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

These innovate, seem to be very responcive in their measurments, I am quite satisfied of the LC-1 with the XD-1 instrument , set

Didn't add the 'terminator plug to the in to the system's in (in this case the LC-1 IN ) and the system didn't work :homer::angry2:

Of course my quick witted mind gave again the solution :grin: (hehe) and pluged :luigi: it in . NOTICE THAT THIS WAS NOT WRITEN on the instructions...worked wonder.!!!

dsc0360fr9.th.jpg

Power graphs or Lambda discussion?

Here my Measurements from the "Unpacking the cans" thread.

power graph

bottom line is all stock 2000 V11 KR

in between is with CR+0,5 and modified valve timing, stock cans, balanced crankshaft

top line ist like below with the original cans modified

I hope this works. If it does you should be able to see the recent dyno of my V11 Coppa Italia. I just took it in for a custom Power Commander map. I also have installed the MG Ti pipes, FBF X-Over and air box replacement kit. It has the stock ECU and the custom map was done by FBF in PA.

CoppaItaliaDJs.jpg

It is running a little lean but I'm working on it!

mgsdynoruncg8.jpg

Don't be thrown off by the H.P. & torque curves crossing at the wrong point, folks! The torque is in N-m, instead of #-ft; if the correct conversion is applied, & then the torque curve re-plotted, [effectively, this just moves the whole curve down by about 1/4 the peak], then the hp & torque curves cross at the right point (5252rpm) & all is right with the world again!

:nerd::luigi::grin:

:mg:

If you goto a Dynojet center take a floppy with you and ask for the runfiles (.drf) on disk. There is a free viewer downloadable from dynojet, thi way you can compare different runs on screen yourself. I have the winpep software from dynojet, the same software that is used to make graphs at the dynojet center.

Here is my graph. During the test he had problems with the rpm pickup, so only a decent looking km graph available. To think rpms with it, I put the rpm in the drawing.

Graph is made on dynojet 150 and gives rearwheel power.

The run was made just to have a reference point. It was with exhaust under the gearbox. At that time the eprom wasn't suited to the engine at all. Because of that I was afraid it was maybe to lean, and as a result I made it run way to rich. With a proper setup, it should be really better.

22_9_05_minnaert_run2a.JPG

Here is my graph. During the test he had problems with the rpm pickup, so only a decent looking km graph available. To think rpms with it, I put the rpm in the drawing.

Graph is made on dynojet 150 and gives rearwheel power.

The run was made just to have a reference point. It was with exhaust under the gearbox. At that time the eprom wasn't suited to the engine at all. Because of that I was afraid it was maybe to lean, and as a result I made it run way to rich. With a proper setup, it should be really better.

I suggest that you get the XD-16/LC-1 Standalone Kit

to help your measurements and develop your tunning.Just installed it on my bike and runs great, at terms of practicality is top , the controler fits anywhere and the instrument as well was 'tired-up' to the frame of the fairing.

Which ECU do you have?

Surprized to see an MGS with fewer PS compared to this one here from Daes.

Alex I have an lm1, so I can see now what is happening. I have a p7 ecu on the bike now, but it's going to be the moto spezial injection. Then I can change more than I care about. I have been thinking to buy 2 lc1 with a xd16 , the lc1 can feed the ms injection. What do you think about the rain and the xd16, It doesn't look watertight.

curve from jim and deas look real different to me. where the deas curve is more the shape mine has.

Alex I have an lm1, so I can see now what is happening. I have a p7 ecu on the bike now, but it's going to be the moto spezial injection. Then I can change more than I care about. I have been thinking to buy 2 lc1 with a xd16 , the lc1 can feed the ms injection. What do you think about the rain and the xd16, It doesn't look watertight.

curve from jim and deas look real different to me. where the deas curve is more the shape mine has.

Well the XD16 It doesn't look waterproof though I can;t see any place that water can pass through, it is quite sold, except the little calibration/control button down below water can pass through yep, other than that I have not tried it, since it is under the fairing it seems to me imposible to be exposed to such water flood (that I suppose is cruisial )

I didn't quite understand why should you need 2 LC1's(since you have an LM1) .Or why 2 LC1;s and 1 instrument, well of cource you can ad them all to serie connection OUT/IN/OUT/IN to the instument , but you will need 2 instruments if you want 2 different indcations (i.e.2 different cylinder measurements)

What is the so special about the Moto Spezial injection thing?What options oes it give you in terms of tunning?

:bier:

I didn't quite understand why should you need 2 LC1's(since you have an LM1) .Or why 2 LC1;s and 1 instrument, well of cource you can ad them all to serie connection OUT/IN/OUT/IN to the instument , but you will need 2 instruments if you want 2 different indcations (i.e.2 different cylinder measurements)

What is the so special about the Moto Spezial injection thing?What options oes it give you in terms of tunning?

Well 2 x lc1 so each can be used on one side, the MS ecu can compensate each side seperate. So I use them to feed an accurate lambda signal in the ecu. The LM1 is nice, but to big for countinious installation.

The MS thing has all things in the tacho housing, so eliminates a lot of wireing. All parameters are in a excel file you can modify and upload to the ecu.

The MS thing has all things in the tacho housing, so eliminates a lot of wireing. All parameters are in a excel file you can modify and upload to the ecu.

Thanks, didn't quite got it but got the idea.Perhaps you can analyse that when I come to visit you (if you are avaialble) for coffee or :bier: and so on.

Plan for a small Europe tourne at end of Aug.-Sept. :bier:

P.S. Almost forgot, what's youe opinion about the VALEO starter , ist it a improvement worth it's money?

• 2 months later...

today did my first run ever

-Oss Scola's camshaft

-Bmc pods w/ venturi

-Stucchi X-over

-modified stock carbon exhaust

-remapped eprom

NOTE: power and torque at the drive shaft

v11lorenzo2mft2.jpg