DYNO GALLERY

dlaing

One question BTW: why do some of you that are able to do so lower the max. RPM limiter value? Why don't you go up to 9000 instead, just for safety reasons for instance?

Hubert

yes, just for safety reasons.

I have no need to go over 8000RPM so I set it to something just above 8000.

If I get sloppy on my gear selection, I suppose I could still over rev coming out of a turn, triggering the cutoff. But it has not happened yet.

I guess I should not be afraid to test it, but I just won't go into the red on the Veglia tach....probably an old habit from the days of no over-rev protection.

But testing it will make me better prepared for the engine stalling or whatever it does when one hits the cutoff rpm.

Maybe I'll set it to 7500/7700 RPM just to test it where I feel more comfortable. :cheese:

The reason for 44° spark advance is that it can be favourably done on modern engines with modern engine management. Such high advances would be advantageous also for older, points equipped engines, of course. The only problem was, you couldn't go back when and where in the map it was required. So some safety distance had to be kept. That's all.

One question BTW: why do some of you that are able to do so lower the max. RPM limiter value? Why don't you go up to 9000 instead, just for safety reasons for instance?

Hubert

Hubert

you made a good point about the spark advance. On your priviously quoted spark map, the advance is no more than 35° at the WOT line too.

Concerning the lowered rpm limit:

If you look at the stock power curves, the max power is always at 8000 or above. The biggest gains caused by the remapping were in the 5 to 8k rpm area. Max power is now around 7000 rpm. This convinced me to lower the rpm limit as the engine wear increases with the climbing engine speed. And some more safety when doing the dyno runs is welcome too.

Max power is now around 7000 rpm. This convinced me to lower the rpm limit as the engine wear increases with the climbing engine speed. And some more safety when doing the dyno runs is welcome too.

This is true, but having the limiter at 9000 doesn't mean you'll have to use it. If I go to 8300 I also may want even more in some situation, why should I pass on that?

Hubert

This is true, but having the limiter at 9000 doesn't mean you'll have to use it. If I go to 8300 I also may want even more in some situation, why should I pass on that?

Hubert

Beware the straw that broke the camel's back -_-

I'll bet if I set my throttle to never open past 50% and the RPMs to never go over 5000rpm my engine would last twice as long...mostly cause I would never ride it :lol:

Hubert

According my calculations, the valve train is at the limit at 8500 rpm. A higher limit will soon cause damages - better to be safe than distroying the engine.

Beware the straw that broke the camel's back -_-

I'll bet if I set my throttle to never open past 50% and the RPMs to never go over 5000rpm my engine would last twice as long...mostly cause I would never ride it :lol:

I'd be afraid my V11 would commit suicide one day if I'd use her like this. Probably those that went tits up over the last time and were never treated badly before did so.

Hubert

• 2 months later...

Well, mebbe's mine's not bigger.

78.2 max HP; 62.21 max torque

Oh well, as long as Kathi doesn't find out. :whistle:

The dealer had an open house today to showcase the new 1098, and was running dyno for $25. As I'm selling the Ballabio (in a half-hearted way), thought I'd take advantage of the deal.

BallabioDyno10Feb06.jpg

That is a lovely shaped graph for a touring bike. I can't wait 'til my friend gets her Norge (red, of course) so I can see how it feels!!

Hmmmmmm. I apologize for not being clear.

Mebbe I should run the Norge for grins, but it was my Ballabio today.

DSC08295-1.jpg

There wasn't one specific place, but I think there should be....if only for bragging :bier:

With a little help from everyone who has dyno'd, this could be the place.

Results circa '03. Cam, twin plug, CR increased.

91 RWHP

67 FPT

http://www.guzzitech.com/Sporti-Dyno61003_PierreP.html

Serious head work done since (mine and bike - sheesh), and new run will be made once clutch slip issue is sorted.

Interesting to me that Bill's Ballabio (without too many mods) generates 78 rear wheel hp and the 1200 Sport is kicking out only 5 more.

Bravo, Bill.

:bike:

Who knows which one generates more power? Unless they are dynoed at the same time on the same machine it is impossible to tell.

I don't think it really matters- what is most important is how your bike feels to ride.

Guy :helmet:

Interesting to me that Bill's Ballabio (without too many mods) generates 78 rear wheel hp and the 1200 Sport is kicking out only 5 more.

Bravo, Bill.

:bike:

I thought that was surprising too.

But as Guzzirider indicated, different dyno, different day.

The 1200 supposedly has alot of potential for more power.

100 crank HP should be pretty easily obtained, especially on a friendly dyno.

100 RWHP could probably be obtained if you do all that Pierre has done to his bike.

I can't wait to see his results :bier: ...and to actually see him ride the thing :D