DYNO GALLERY

dlaing

Interesting to me that Bill's Ballabio (without too many mods) generates 78 rear wheel hp and the 1200 Sport is kicking out only 5 more.

Bravo, Bill.

:bike:

My Sport corsa had about 82 whp with the "closed" factory chip,And gets 85 with the termis and an "unknown open(?)chip.

I have not measured the optimised AFR chip(s) I have developed yet.

Not that important perhaps, since the bike is quite more "alive" than before on all shorts of accelerations in all gears and not just at a dyno acceleration on the 5th.

Who knows which one generates more power? Unless they are dynoed at the same time on the same machine it is impossible to tell.

I don't think it really matters- what is most important is how your bike feels to ride.

Guy :helmet:

Bingo, Guy ... especially your last sentence. I really don't care what the numbers are, but, as sigh, I'm selling it, thought it might be a help in telling a prospective buyer a bit more about it.

As for the Ballabio, it feels good. VERY good. :race:

• 1 month later...

here's a dyno from my GB STW 1100 with a KS Scola cam, BMC open filter and PC III.

the red line is prior to the dyno, the bike was behaving really badly and was hardly ridden above 5500 rpm.

It was apparently far too rich and the frame/airbox from the STW is too restrictive to allow the engine to breathe.

courbe%20lhoest%206042007.jpg

torque is 91,7 Nm, rear wheel HP is 81,8. i'm dissapointed.

here's a dyno from my GB STW 1100 with a KS Scola cam, BMC open filter and PC III.

the red line is prior to the dyno, the bike was behaving really badly and was hardly ridden above 5500 rpm.

It was apparently far too rich and the frame/airbox from the STW is too restrictive to allow the engine to breathe.

courbe%20lhoest%206042007.jpg

torque is 91,7 Nm, rear wheel HP is 81,8. i'm dissapointed.

Jihem, why don't you go to Ruud Fredriks, Goes Zeeland-NL.

Last time I was there he made wonders on my bike. 98.9Nm torque and 89.1 hp .

All this is wheel power!!! :thing:

I love my Guzzi :wub::mg:

But your characteristics have improved drastically. You have a rideable bike now!

maybe, alltho at 'normal' speed on B roads, riding the bike was fine.

no, it's all the work that went into it and to no real gain: the RS cam, the PC III, the flowed heads, the BMC pods...All that for very little real amelioration.

well. i still have a very decent bike, sure. but I was expecting more and better from all the mods.

Jihem,

I think the reason why it is so hard to get more power out of the GB is the exhaust. The crossover placement to me is too far forward. I think having the crossover placed farther back will yield more hp from the engine. This is like the difference between the Mistral and Stucchi crossover trend on the V11S.

This is the exhaust that Dyno Tec suggest on the GBGhezzi_Brian_exhaust.jpg

Mike

maybe, alltho at 'normal' speed on B roads, riding the bike was fine.

no, it's all the work that went into it and to no real gain: the RS cam, the PC III, the flowed heads, the BMC pods...All that for very little real amelioration.

well. i still have a very decent bike, sure. but I was expecting more and better from all the mods.

This is the exhaust that Dyno Tec suggest on the GB

that looks like a tricked up GB allright ! :)

Just my :2c: about the g&b exhaust.

I have the furia free exhaust on mine.

I was not satisfied whith it so i asked Dynotec to modify it.

Sure Jens always told he did not like the SuperTwin , but recognize mine was not so bad :blush:

Anyway the comment about G&B exhaust desing after he being cut was : biggest bu$*&it he saw ... :homer:

Jihem we already talk about this exhaust selling by italian factory

• 8 months later...

This dyno run is on my '04 Cafe Sport, stock mapping, standard filter, airbox cover removed, Staintune mufflers.

Based on John Tavolacci's comments and selection of the SAE correction factor, which is more conservative than other options used by some other dyno facilities, I believe it is pretty accurate. It deducted 1% from the actual output of 76.8 HP.

The AFR graph is a little hard to read on the post, so here are some data points:

The red dotted line is at 13:1. The peaks are 13.9 at 2600 RPM, 13.8 at 3900, 13.85 at 6300 RPM, 13.5 at peak power 7300 RPM

My guidance to John was that I was interested in increased range (MPG), that more power is always welcome at WOT but I was quite happy with the bike's output as it was. Max HP was not the goal. The AFR was higher at throttle openings in the cruise range. Generally from 13.9 to 14.4, except during decels, when it jumped way up briefly. Prior to the airbox and replacing the stock mufflers, I was getting 42-43 MPG. I expect somewhat better range now. :D

Dynorun01087.jpg

My '96 1100 Sporti with Leo Vinci carbon cans (off a GSXR 1000) K&N Pods and PCIII;

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Has since been fitted with a Creedon chip, but not dyno mapped. I've tweaked it by 'seat of the pants' but want to get it back on the dyno for fine tuning.

I'm also thinking of plumbing in a logging gas analyser and using the PCIII LCD display to log RPM and throttle openings.

This dyno run is on my '04 Le Mans, stock mapping, standard filter, Quat D Exhaust.

Guz, these are interesting pictures! Both.The dyno curves, because they're looking so smooth and perfect and the one of the bike as well, because the exhaust seems to be something special, something between the first series with standard manifolds and the actual series with the outlet on the right side. Is the exhaust original or have you done any modifications? I'm using the actual Ex-box with catalyser, and it feels very much different to what your picture shows. I believe in this picture, no doubt, but it shows that there is probably a lot of room for improvements on mine.

Do you have a picture of it taken from the other side?

Hubert