M4 Exhausts for V11 Sport/Lemans

joe camarda

I noticed that Harpers has a photo of a V11 Sport with a set of M4 exhaust cans. M4's are very popular with the Suzuki SV 650 performance riders. Has anyone any comments to offer re the V11 Sport application...or any other recommendations. Im leaning towards the Leos (Ti-ovals) :huh: TIA

Checking the M4 website, it appears that these are generic " replacement silencers". Since they are not built specifically for the V11, should I expect less performance than from a purpose-built unit such as the LEO's? Any comments appreciated. TIA <_>

I have kind of suspected that almost all mufflers are essentialy generic. The only thing custom is how they fit the bike. From what I can tell most mufflers are just a fiber glass packed perforated tube. Some models do better with some bikes and worse with others. I did notice that staintune seemed to use a unique can for the v11s etc. I'll bet the Leo's for Guzzi are the same on the inside as they are for Ducati's

I have been waiting to hear some feedback on the M4s as they are one of the few fitted for the v11sport, scura, le mans, etc.

It would be great to dyno all the available crossovers and mufflers and get dB reading on them all. I am sure the mufflers all perform pretty closely. I am leaning towards the staintunes as they have a removeable restrictor. If I could fit a supertrapp that would be even better. But then again the mistrals sound so sweet! I suspect the Leo's might have more power(louder) then the Mistrals??? Are the Leo Termignoni's the same as the Fast by Ferracci? I imagine the m4s are no slouches, and I believe harper's has a powercommander map to go with it. Raceco makes a muffler that according to a dyno puts out a lot of power. see http://www.scripps.edu/~dlaing/v11s/PDQDyno.jpg

What else is out there? Guzzi Jingushi shows something, but I can't read Japanese. Black Bubs on the V1100Sporti are kinda ugly. I am sure I saw something else. guzzitech.com should be producing a report soon with a few options and dyno results....Enough rambling...

Guest jlburgess

Dlaing,

BTW I'm almost done with a Powercommander final map for a V11S w/ Mistrals and no other mods.

I tried the modzoom map and was not impressed. I've made huge improvements by modifying the base map from dynojet. The bike vibrates much less and pulls great up top. Have also eliminated lurching and touchy throttle at very low rpm (2 - 3 K), so it's running great at low speeds in town too.

I'll post it on the dynojet web site in a few weeks when the final touches are completed.

Excellent! glad to hear the map is working out so well. My stock bike with powercommander is getting 30 to 36 MPG. I still can't decide what mufflers to get. Once that is decided, I will have to do the remap. "Mom, can I borrow your laptop?" I wish the software would run on a Mac, @#%$@!

Guest Scura Owner

I tried the Fast-by-Ferracci's on my Scura. The fit left something to be desired as the left side would have required alot of force to mount the muffer bracket on the inside rather than outside of the passenger footpeg attachment point, something I would not do. It sounded great except I was just too loud for my neighborhood. Throttle response was excellent. Some welding splatter was present on the rear tube plate.