What are you doing on your Guzzi this weekend?

Guest Nigelstephens

Guest Nigelstephens

Thought it might be interesting to see what other Guzzi owners are doing to/on their bikes this weekend (nothing rude please).

Whether its a journey, tyre change, maintenance or fixing a problem then tell the rest of us. :grin:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Headed to Long Beach tomorrow for the Cycle World Motorcycle Expo, and then Sunday going on a Toy Drive Ride....See events forum :)

Hope to see some of you all this weekend :bier:

If I get some time away from the keyboard, I should get my headlight set up relays for direct wiring. :sun:

Hmmmm...more like what should I be doing on my Guzzi this weekend?

After a very hard summer's use, Rosso Corsa needs oils, filter, pads front and back, wiring under tank checking due to intermittent starting problem, fork oil changing and tidying cosmetics. Forgot it needs a new battery too- have a Hawker Odyssey on order. Am also waiting for a number plate hanger from Rossopuro that is due to arrive in January plus K and N pods from Teo Lamers. Needs some mirrors too- not happy with the Motrax ones I bought when I stripped the fairing. I chucked it in the corner of the garage a few weeks ago and it has not moved since.

Helen's V11- new Diablo Corsa for the rear required as the old one is now Kojak. Also need to whip off her forks and take them down to Maxton to get rebuilt- this is her birthday present from October that I still have not sorted out.

I will probably leave all these jobs until January cos I am too busy.

Out on the Ducati today- gonna be cold but sunny and dry and I will be joining the local bike club on a Pet Food run to the local PDSA.

Guy :helmet:

At the moment my bike is without exhaust system and I don't have the time to put it on for tomorrow...

ok, that was a lame excuse! -_-

When it's below 10 degr. C, I don't feel happy on my bike anymore. :bike:

Antonio and I will do some location checking for the V11 meeting. BTW, the Vito is long gone, I now have a Renault Trafic.

IMG_2470__Medium_.JPG

Guest Nigelstephens

I'm still waiting for fork seals to arrive on back order with Corsa-italiana. One leg is leaking slightly but I still ride daily to work 14miles round trip in Newcastle.

In this weather my Sport i is very dirty. Not cleaned for 3 weeks of daily ride in UK winter. So you can imagine. My priority is to get it clean and clean off any salt.

I am trying to replace the rear wheel bearings! never thought it would be so f***ing difficult! I have spent the whole morning working on it and so far only one has come out! this is a really shitty job!

i have the one piece bodywork, front fairing and front guard repainted to the (blue disco) original colors, so my bike is not in use for the moment.

altho the Ghezzi looks great with its alu tank. Should make a kit for the seat (the electronics are just under the small seat, see) and there you have a great looking wild bug :)

Got inspired recently by a Brit classic mag on how to paint with a can. The tail section on my green/gray V11 was either never hardened correctly or the sun's rays here in florida ate through the paint (when I didn't have a garage I used to go through at least one cover per year due to the sun). The repaint turned out pretty good. Now I'm going for a ride!!

Kaput

Thought it might be interesting to see what other Guzzi owners are doing to/on their bikes this weekend (nothing rude please).

Whether its a journey, tyre change, maintenance or fixing a problem then tell the rest of us. :grin:

Today, nothing. Kathi is out of town and I need to clean the house after I have pigged it up in only a few hours.

Tomorrow, plan to ride up into n. Georgia mountains to take pics to illustrate a ride report of the same great day trip I put on wildguzzi a few weeks ago:

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=8391.0 & http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=8392.0

Went out to do that same thing last week, and had an unplanned interruption, resulting in a tow: http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=8489.0

OK, back to cleaning ... after I look lustfully at some Norge pics. May have to leap soon. The GarageMahalo is wonderful, but cramped with three motrcycles, as storing a friend's ST 1300 has made very clear. If I do buy a Norge, I'll probably have to sell the EV. Sigh. Not sure I'm emotionally ready for that. :unsure:

Regards from Atlanta,

Bill

The plan? Transfer the electric vest wiring from the now engine-less Eldo to the V11 and go for a ride. Perhaps Marcus Dairy to see how many Harleys are still riding. Supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow, colder in CT. tho.

I'll be swapping out the external-reservoir clutch and brake master cylinders for some I have laying around that have integral reservoirs, just to see how it will look. I never have liked how the stock m/c's look in combination with the Billy Bob bars. Then a ride, if it's not iced up.