What tires are you running

Guest jimjib

Guest jimjib

I have 020's on mine and really like the tire life...but the grip is crap. Anyone running pilots or the sport tec M1's?

I am running the Sport tec M1 tires and they stick like glue. On the downside is you will not see very high milage out of these tires. I have heard that someguys go through them in 3000 miles. I have about 3000 on them now and they are about 50% worn.

Keep the rubber side down,

Mike Stewart

I squeezed 10500 km off my stock tire and now will install B 010. I go for the size 160/70 since I am convinced it will perform better. Will report.

The front looks still fresh of course.

I am running Pirelli Dragon GTS. I love'm!

Still to early to give mileage rating, but the cupping on the front is much less than the Bridgestone bt57s or the Avon Azarro II.

They are very quick turning. Great for the twisties, but possibly prone to speed wobble over 110MPH. The bt57s may have been slightly grippier. But only slightly. I was a little disappointed with the Avons.

Next I would like to try the 01 bridgestones or Metzlers.

5000 km on the stock Bridgestone BT020's. They're about halfway gone so not bad in the wear&tear department.

The 180 rear will probably replaced by a 170. Heard good things about improved handling with the smaller tyre especially in curves. I'm not sure which brand/type to fit, so keep your tyre impressions/tests coming.

Guest jimjib

The more I ride the 020's, the better I like them... but... I have had the back end step out a few times which really surprised me. I need a little more grip for my comfort zone.

I know a guy that just switched from the Pilots to the m1's and he said they stuck better and the mileage is better too. If I could get 6 grand out of a sticky tire I would be happy as hell. On this bike I just cant see running a tire that only gets you 2000 or 3000 miles. Its just to easy to pile on the miles with this thing and you would be changing tires every month.

Guest v11eric

For me the 020 are perfect, now at almost 11000km they will both be chanced. My fronttyre wears out as "fast" as the rear one. I like these tyre's because of the form of the tyre. With this tyre compared to dragons the bike is so much easyer to turn, our bike's like to ride straight line's, and with the 020 the bike stears much easier in. I don't face any stability or grip problems, also for me no groundclerance problem, my side stand is still complete.

not that fast

Eric

01 V11 Lemans

I use Sportec M1s on the Monster, but mainly on the track so far, so I don't have a good idea of how long they last on the street. My understanding was that the Sportec was supposed to provide good milage. Maybe not. Otherwise, they are an *amazing* tire!

On the V11S, I use Avon Azaro II (AV35/AV36). I really like these tires alot, but they can be touchy when cold. As long as you keep that in mind, you won't have any problems. Otherwise, the traction is very good. I've run them edge-to-edge (dragging kickstand) and never had any traction concerns. Oh, and the best part is that they wear like iron... my first set on the V11S got close to 9,000 miles on them, and I'm planning on installing the 2nd set this weekend. They aren't terribly expensive either, so that's an added bonus.

Note: I have the 4.5" rear wheel, and I use a 160/60 tire - and Avon makes a version of the 160/60 *specifically* for a 4.5" wheel, so the fit is perfect.

A good friend of mine tried the Avons on his 1100 Sporti and he is very happy with them as well.

__Jason

00 M900Dark

00 V11 Sport

Just came back from a hard run to Whistler and back with a new Bridgestone 010 160/70. The front still stock.

Definite improvement. Easier to turn so much that I even added some turns to the steering damper. It also tracks in turn more stable. Confidence goes up.

9500 km / 6100 mi on the stock BT020s.

They look to have another 1 or 2 thousand miles left in them.

No complaints. No "moments". Though there was an intersection where, I applied the brakes right at the same moment the front tire went over an unseen paint can lid :o I slid forward as if on ice. When I released the brake, the paint can lid slid away. It made for one of those seat puckering moments.

Not the tire's fault though.

Guest jimjib

I sure hate to loose the milage of the 020's I have had the back end step out a few times so I just dont have the confidence in them that I should. I need to go to a track day and really see what they will do.