Marvic Piuma Wheels for guzzi

zebulon

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would't go for a 6", a 5,5 is wide enough

Thanks for the memory jog Paul. For some reason I was thinking the early V11s came with a 5.5" and the later ones (like I have) came with a 6" I realize now it's a 5.5 on my bike.

Thanks for the memory jog Paul. For some reason I was thinking the early V11s came with a 5.5" and the later ones (like I have) came with a 6" I realize now it's a 5.5 on my bike.

Dan 2-3 month isn't to long, better= faily quick, just order them, every day you wait is a day more before you get them.

Dan 2-3 month isn't to long, better= faily quick, just order them, every day you wait is a day more before you get them.

I did! He said the 5.5 was a stocked item in Italy and I should see them in about a month. It will be at least 6 weeks before I can ride with any regularity anyway.

• 1 month later...

A big box arrived yesterday with MARVIC all over it!!! I opened it up, lifted the front wheel out, beautiful, very light, nice finish. Dig further lift out the rear, it's... wrong. Completely different drive side. Sonofabitch. I talked to Yoyodyne this morning and sent him some pics. Now more waiting. Talk about a mood swing, Sigh....

Guest drknow
A big box arrived yesterday with MARVIC all over it!!! I opened it up, lifted the front wheel out, beautiful, very light, nice finish. Dig further lift out the rear, it's... wrong. Completely different drive side. Sonofabitch. I talked to Yoyodyne this morning and sent him some pics. Now more waiting. Talk about a mood swing, Sigh....

Interesting, so what guzzi would it fit then do you think?

well put in some pictures anyway. And put them on the scale, so we know how heavy they realy are.

The front is 6lbs-13oz -- 3.05kg / The rear is 7lbs-14oz -- 3.57kg

Weight is with bearings & spacers, without rotors.

IMG_3532.JPG

Guest drknow
The front is 6lbs-13oz -- 3.05kg / The rear is 7lbs-14oz -- 3.57kg

Weight is with bearings & spacers, without rotors.

Can you take pictures of whats wrong with the cushdrive arrangement? Kinda curious.

Guest drknow

Yeah, but there's supposed to be a removable cush drive that slots into those holes. Check the width and I believe you might just have not received the cush portion. They have a carrier for the vanes, just like a carrier for the sprocket.

Yeah, but there's supposed to be a removable cush drive that slots into those holes. Check the width and I believe you might just have not received the cush portion. They have a carrier for the vanes, just like a carrier for the sprocket.

Really? In the Marvic literature that was included there are pictures of other wheels that have the vane type of cush drive casted in. When I called the distributer he made no mention, and I asked if there were more parts. Also, the bearing does not protrude to support the spline gear as on the old style. Seems like the spline would wobble. Unless their carrier has it built in.

the wheel looks ok to me, only they should have added the part that fits between reardrive and the wheel, that is supposed to be with the wheel, and in your set, Is the mgs01 part. look at the picture, you shouldget part 4, 5, 14, 14, 15

mgsrearwheel.JPG

the wheel looks ok to me, only they should have added the part that fits between reardrive and the wheel, that is supposed to be with the wheel, and in your set, Is the mgs01 part. look at the picture, you shouldget part 4, 5, 14, 14, 15

Thanks guys, looks like I'm missing some parts. I'll call Fred again.

Edit: Fred had told me last week that he wanted to photograph the wheels before shipping. On my last call to him I suggested that he may have misplaced the box during the photo shoot. He dismissed that theory.