Ballabio charging system problem

Aerostat

I collected my V11 Ballabio yesterday after not being around to ride it for a few months. The battery (Odyssey PC545) was a bit sluggish turning the engine over but got things running after a bit of cranking. I set off, stopped to fill up after about ten miles and restarted with no problem and finished my ride about sixty miles later. I then tried to start up again to move the bike to its parking spot but the battery was quite dead, just about managing to turn the engine over but not quickly enough to start it. So it seems there is a problem of some kind in the charging system, I am thinking maybe some corrosion in a relay or connection somewhere due to standing for a few months. Any electrical gurus out there to point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Allen

I experienced battery over charging from a bad regulator rectifier. It would spike the charging system to about 19 volts, ruin a new battery, and cause it to turn over very slowly, if at all. So, that's something to look for.

If you need any charging parts. These guys are life savers. http://www.euromotoelectrics.com/category_s/27.htm