V11 Cafe' Sport values

V11CSGoozer

Hello all my Guzzi brethren. I have come to the point that I might have to sell my bike and I am looking for suggestions on how to determine a good asking price. Are the KBB and NADA values something to look at to determine the selling price of our machines?

I have a really nice '04 Cafe' that I am going to put on the market soon.

If this thread violates forum rules or policy in any way please advise. Thanks all.

Hello all my Guzzi brethren. I have come to the point that I might have to sell my bike and I am looking for suggestions on how to determine a good asking price. Are the KBB and NADA values something to look at to determine the selling price of our machines?

I have a really nice '04 Cafe' that I am going to put on the market soon.

If this thread violates forum rules or policy in any way please advise. Thanks all.

I sold my Cafe Sport about a year ago. It was in very nice condition, not a ton of miles, and had some good aftermarket accessories. I was only able to get $6000 for it.

I bought my 2000 V11 sport last summer for $4200 with 24k miles. Looking at the KBB value it seems I paid exactly what they value it at in excellent condition. I would use the KBB or NADA price as a starting point and maybe ask a little more for it and see what offers you get.

Sounds good. How can I find the numbers of bikes imported into the US. I have seen '03, '04 and '05 Cafe' Sport Guzzis listed. Seems like the bike would have a bit more following than it does. Would this bike ever have any collectors value to it?

I haven't been able to find any import numbers but from what I have found it wasn't many. I think the reason they don't have more of a following is the very small number produced. I imagine they might be slightly collectable someday, I think they certainly won't be worth less than they are now.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good. How can I find the numbers of bikes imported into the US. I have seen '03, '04 and '05 Cafe' Sport Guzzis listed. Seems like the bike would have a bit more following than it does. Would this bike ever have any collectors value to it?

You will not find spine frames of any kind in the USA in model year 2005. The only 2005 available was the Scura R, and in very limited numbers in Europe.

As for the Cafe Sport, you will find that they were imported in very few numbers. Probably 50, or less, just like the other Ohlins-equipped spine-frame bikes.

"Collectors Value" is subjective. It won't be the next Vincent Black Shadow, but it will always be a rare and special Guzzi, for those who care about that sort of thing.