New Tires

profWacko

I just put on new tires on my 2002 Le Mans Nail Magnet, after finding yet another nail in my rear tire. I went from the Bridgestone BT010's (120 fr, 180/55 rr) to the latest Dunlop 220 sport touring tire (120 fr, 170/60 rr).

All I can say is WOW! I am not sure whether the switch to the smaller cross section rear tire, or the change in brands caused it, but my bike now steers like a dream. I have so much more confidence in these tires when leaned over that I am now having to re-evaluate the speeds at which I am cornering on a day-to-day basis. Fortunately, I have a track day coming up pretty soon, so I will let everyone know how these tires work out on the track. I will not be pushing them to their absolute limits, just mine. But so far, wow!

Has anyone else tried these or any other tires with rave results?

Ride well. Ride safe.

-Jack Price

Glendale, CA

02 V11 Le Mans

When I switched from a stock size (170 ) to one size narrower (160) BT010 I was similarly impresseed with a lot better handling. I think that it is mostly result of the stock size being pinched too much by a narrow rim.

From all I know i would expect Bridgestones 010 to be a better performing tire then Dunlop 220.

Thanks for the tire review. I'm due to replace my original Bridgestones. Sooo many good quality tires out there to choose from. I had Metzler M33's on my old FJ-1100 and they were quite good...and Michelins have a good rep...and I certainly could find no fault with the OE Bridgestones. Then there's Pirellis. Gotta have Italian tires on an Italian bike, some say :D

Decisions, decisions...

Get well soon Jaap!

So far I'm not disappointed in the performance of the stock Bridgestones, but I have never been let down with Dunlop. When the time comes I too will switch to Dunlop 220's for my V11 LeMans. Thanks for the post since these tires have only been on the market for a few months. B)