Importing a Rosso Corsa to Canada

Twocati

Help! Anyone in Canada imported a Guzzi ? The Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV) has disclaimed my searched recall informational material so I have to start all over again. I rode the bike from Phoenix to Cochrane Alberta (so we have bonded) The bike's in my garage but without the approval of the all mighty, all knowing RIV I can't get it registered/licensed. Although I consider it a work of art I would like to ride too! Anybody direct me to a reliable source? I've emailed the Piaggio Group and both service departments at Moto International and Riders Hill. The bike was originally from Georgia, (dealer no longer there) sold to a guy in San Diego and then sold to a buddy of mine, then to me.  :mg: cheers Marty 

Oh the joys of bureaucracy!  I'm no expert here but it seems they are worried about recall history for the vehicle in question which you should be able to get from Moto Guzzi USA. Is there a MG dealer in your area?  Perhaps they can get an official copy of the recall data for you.

Yeah, that's an option I hadn't considered. Let me think about it..........NO! But thanks for the offer.  :glare:   Marty

Update! The folks at Moto International to the rescue! Yahoo! Thanks to Mr. Richardson I have zee papers! I will now be able to ride the RC instead of meerly look at her in my garage. Life is good. Cheers Marty