Moving to Oklahoma

callison

Barring some unforeseen circumstance, I'm movng to Oklahoma.

Oklahoma? Yep. You read it right. While everyone else seems to be leaving the great Pacific NorthWet, yours truly has decided to retire and bail out of California. Next summer I'll retire (age 54) and move to a nice house on 2 acres on Hwy 66 east of Oklahoma City and just west of Chandler, Oklahoma.

hr209543-01.jpg

I'm planning on having a Moto Guzzi barbecue to celebrate. :bier: Date unknown, I'll work out details after I get moved in.

Here's one of the local Hwy 66 landmarks. It's about 100 yards from the entryway to my (next) neighborhood.

MeramacBarn300.jpg

I'm really looking forward to exploring Hwy 66 :bike: , but for now, I remain in California until it's time to move. :bbblll:

I'm planning on having a Moto Guzzi barbecue

I LOVE Oklahoma barbecue!!!!

I LOVE Moto Guzzi!

You may have a lot of people show up for your party!!!!

P.S. We just bought a Cookshack smoker for our restaurant (made in Oklahoma!). If you are ever in Chilliwack come try our BBQ ribs and tell me what you think!

We're not gonna let you retire, yet, you young geezzer!

We're gonna put you to work assembling Cliff's My15s, headlight rewire kits or something Guzzi related.

Heck in Oklahoma, you can probably manufacture fiberglass parts without the Enviro police requiring 100000 dollars in emmmission scrubbers.

You'll have to come back west for some good roads again soon!

Bar Guzzi Q sounds good, but a little far. :drink:

Guest vkerrigan

Carl...................With the Ozark & Ouachita Mts nearby, you'll have plenty of roads to explore :thumbsup: ......Good Luck with the move!..................vk

NICE BIKE(S)!

Is that a Daytona in the background? Where is that and who is that? I can ask more questions if you want!

39249[/snapback]

That's the 2003 Prescott, Arizona Rally. The grinning fool in the foreground with the V11 Sport TT is me (and that's the bike that got totaled last year and is still going through re-build). In the background, it is indeed a Daytona RS, I think that one's Will Creedon's, but I'm not certain as I can't see any velocity stacks in the photo. Behind the Daytona is the 1997 Sport 1100i belonging to John of Ramona (last name escapes me at the moment, probably because I'm trying too hard to remember) and behind those two bikes in the black and red jacket is Mike Stewart. Mike's bike is the green V11 Sport with red wheels of which only the rear portion is visible in the right foreground.

I don't think you guys understand. Being retired means I get to go to more rallies, not less.

Also meant to add I hope all goes well with your rebuild! Sorry to hear you had a spill. I like your bike!!!

39255[/snapback]

It's been stalled at this point until now. I just recently got the nerve to cut the Daytona fairing to fit around the V11 tank.

V11project.01.gif

There is some nice country in Oklahoma. Being that I'm from Texas, I admit that only grudgingly. There is also a seriously die-hard contingent of Guzzisti (with thick accents) that hail from them parts. You're in for a culture-shock, Carl. :D But it's not a bad thing.

Congrats and well-wishes!

Jason