April 22nd Return to Parkfield Lunch Meet

Return to Parkfield NorCal/SoCal Lunch Meet

Saturday April 22nd at the Parkfield Cafe

Lunch around 1 PM

dscn02854wk.jpg

Parkfield is a small remote central coast town that is just about smack dab in between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Mostly what goes on there is Earthquake research, but there is a cafe that serves an excellent burger and fries. About 16 folks made it to the first Parkfield run last fall with fairly short notice so I thought we should do it again and Springtime makes for great riding in this area.

For those who want to spend the night and explore some of the great roads in the area, there is the Parkfield Inn in town, a few Motels in San Miguel (20 miles) and many of them in Paso Robles (30 miles).

For NorCal folks wanting to ride down from Hollister, meet at the Starbucks, which is in the strip mall next to Nob hill Foods just south of Nash Rd on Hwy 25. At the corner of Nash and Hwy 25, you can gas up at Chevron or the Safeway. It's important to get gas here because there is no gas for about 100 miles. Plan to leave Starbucks by 10 AM.

The route will be via Hwy 25 to Peachtree/Indian Valley Rd to San Miguel for Gas, then inland to Parkfield. We'll make a few stops on the way to keep from getting too far apart so I expect it will take about 2.5 hours. San Miguel is on Hwy 101 so people can get back in much less time if they wish. I'll be working on a different route to get back to the Hollister area for those that have time and wish to avoid the slab.

If your coming from the South, check the socal guzzi board to see about meeting up with others.

Hope to see you there !

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark,

I might be up for this ride. All I need now is a few days of no rain so I can get my Rosso out to see if it needs anything. It's been over 6 months since I rode it last.

I will let you know as time gets closer.

Mike

Just a bump since it's getting closer.

85211[/snapback]

Tom,

This nerve thing has been going around, I feel your pain.

So, After reading all the post on the other sites, is this none rally going to be a one day or two day none rally? I am in for it either way, just need to know.

Mike

Mark-- I"m planning on being there like last year- I wrecked my arm - ulnar nerve thing- hoping it'll be ok by then!!!

85411[/snapback]

Mark,

Great idea! I'll be there and put the word out locally. Hopefully the rain will stop by then. For those who don't ride at warp speed the scenery should be very beautiful, lots of green and flowers.

I'll put the word out here in SLO county.

Lex

Tim,

If you can keep the front end on the ground, you can come :lol:

Doesn't matter what kind of bike you are on, all are welcome :grin:

Now hopefully, it won't rain on that weekend. The 10 day forcast looks grim.

Mike

it was a good (and warm) ride last time..  are ex-guzzi, now Aprilia riders welcome??? :)

85641[/snapback]

Hey Mike

If I want to keep the front wheel on the ground I'll bring the Scarabeo 500.. otherwise its the Tuono!

Nice stable of bikes btw. how's that V7 replica coming along?

Cheers, Tim

Tim,

Funny you should ask. I have just started working on the Jackal project once again. Have gone so many directions on this project. I think I will end up with a Cafe Tonti framed bike now. The tank will be from a Lemans 1 and will have no side covers or tool boxes (luv the bare Tonti frame), I just got off the phone with Airtech body works and they are digging out their molds to get me some measurements from a 72 - 75 Ducati 750 sport seat/tail assy. I need to call MG Cycles to put in another order for some small parts, need to order shocks from Mr. Racer X and then figure out where to hide all the electrics and plumb in the fuel system. :homer:

I sold my wife's old Ducati Monster a few weeks ago, and I have repairing my track bike (putting it back to stock) so I can put it up for sale. Thinking of buying a bike lift since I am not getting any younger.

Mike

Hey Mike

If I want to keep the front wheel on the ground I'll bring the Scarabeo 500..  otherwise its the Tuono!

Nice stable of bikes btw.  how's that V7 replica coming along?

Cheers, Tim

85648[/snapback]

A Motard bike would be alot of fun and it has crossed my mind. It does not have to be a supermotard, any cc would work for me. Heck, 250, 450 Humm....

Mike

selling the kaw and sold the duc..  I think Newton's Ninth Law of Motorcycling says that you now get to buy one Supermotard to replace them...

85675[/snapback]

ah, the old ulnar nerve! I totally banged my right elbow over two months ago. The nerve swelled and doing any kind of work with that right arm just killed me. Of course, I didn't leave well enough, and due to all the physical therapy I've had a my life I thought I just work through it. Wrongo-bongo. Me working through it just kept on aggravating it. Worst of all I absolutely cannot ride my new Ducati super sport without tears come into my eyes within five minutes. Right now I have that bike up for sale and a guy is coming from Phoenix on Saturday to look at it. I don't want to keep that bike sitting in my garage for the next six months while my arm heals. I need to buy a centauro! Easier on my arm.

How's your recovery Mike? (This is pretty cool however as I'm using NaturallySpeaking for most all of my computer work! Like right now)- I know, guztim thinks I need a virtual motorcycle too! :P

Hey Tom.. sorry to hear about the arm.. and even sorrier to to think you've resorted to talking to computers !! ;-)

Mike.. if you're thinking motard, maybe you should check out the Hp2 or whatever that BMW dirt bike is.. I saw one the other day, gave the rider the thumbs up, and he promptly wheelied through the intersection.. The world needs more 1200cc motards.

Tom,

Man, I am really sorry you are selling your Ducati.

I was worried about the low riding position also. Kind of weird having all the fractures and then when they were healed other problems occur. It started with my right elbow and wrist, I couldn't do anything with out pain. I could barely pick up a glass with my right arm. Then to make things worst, a golf ball size lump appeared on my left elbow by my road rash scar. Two months later, the lump disappeared as fast as it came. Now my right arm feels pretty good and I can now even do push ups with out pain.

The pelvis thing is different, I can walk for miles, but standing stationary kills me. Just got to keep moving.

Mike

ah, the old ulnar nerve!  I totally banged my right elbow over two months ago.  The nerve swelled and doing any kind of work with that right arm just killed me.  Of course, I didn't leave well enough, and due to all the physical therapy I've had a my life I thought I just work through it.  Wrongo-bongo.  Me working through it  just kept on aggravating it. Worst of all I absolutely cannot ride my new Ducati super sport without tears come into my eyes within five minutes.  Right now I have that bike up for sale and a guy is coming from Phoenix on Saturday to look at it.  I don't want to keep that bike sitting in my garage for the next six months while my arm heals.  I need to buy a centauro!  Easier on my arm.

How's your recovery Mike? (This is pretty cool however as I'm using NaturallySpeaking for most all of my computer work!  Like right now)- I know, guztim thinks I need a virtual motorcycle too! :P

85692[/snapback]