Buell Footpeg Results

Guest ckamin

Guest ckamin

I just put the Buell footpegs on my V11 and what a difference! That extra inch or so of legroom made my ride so much more enjoyable! My butt/lower back fatigue didn't start to set in until about 175 or so miles into a 230 mile day, so the fatigue may have been just from riding itself.

I am 6'2" and the shifter lever feels good, but I may need to lower the brake pedal a bit. I have a size 13 foot, reaching either peg wasn't an issue.

Here is the McMaster-Carr link for the two bushings to take up the space between the Guzzi pin and the footpegs (part #6391K134); sleeve bearing for a quarter inch shaft, five/sixteenth inch od, sveen/eighth inch long.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

The Buell footpeg has two part #'s, one for the left and one for the right. They are the same pegs used on numerous Buell sportbikes. I also ordered the Buell springs. I think the whole set-up out the door was around $30-$35 and another $1.06 for the bushings.

The Buell footpegs need a few hundredths of an inch shoved off both sides to fit into the Guzzi bracket. I had a friend with a lathe/mill do it for me.

Once again, I highly reccommend it! I can try and find the Buell part #'s if anyone needs them.

Carl

Finished this conversion and found it easily manageable even without access to a lathe. I used the part numbers listed on recent threads on this topic. With the springs, I ordered a single Buell pin rather than go the bushing route. The pin is a perfect fit for both the Buell peg bore ID and the stock Guzzi pin. Close tolerance of these pieces, and the final grind of the back end seems the most important determinant of ending up with secure and non-droopy pegs. Carefully cutting the pin in half saved the cost of a second pin (maybe $5). I chose to extend the brake and shift levers 5 mm, using metric bushings, 5 mm longer stanless screws and finishing washers. This was probably unnecessary since my feet are pretty good size, and the offset introduced by the new pegs is only a couple mm - but hey. Final result is comfy - I'm 6'2" size 12 foot. Still finalizing rear brake position. Looks like the eccentric stop bushing won't be necessary. Perhaps I'll remove it to offset the added weight of my new centerstand and pending windage plate.

Guest ckamin

Well, I can't find the darn receipts!!! Anyway, the pegs are the Buell alloy pegs WITHOUT any rubber inserts. They are the drop-down pegs found on a number of Buell models. The parts guy at Simi H-D Buell said that there is only 1 peg that Buell uses like this on its various models so the part #'s should be the same.

Sorry I couldn't locate the part #'s.

Carl

Well, I can't find the darn receipts!!! Anyway, the pegs are the Buell alloy pegs WITHOUT any rubber inserts. They are the drop-down pegs found on a number of Buell models. The parts guy at Simi H-D Buell said that there is only 1 peg that Buell uses like this on its various models so the part #'s should be the same.

Sorry I couldn't locate the part #'s.

Carl

This thread might help. I do not think he numbers have changed..

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...c=3391&st=0

Couldn't get edge's link to work for me. Here are the part numbers he listed and I used for my conversion. I found prices very close and it is possible to get by with one pin if you grind of the cap and cut carefully. What the heck you're probably complete by now.

• 11 months later...
Guest h8chains

Couldn't get edge's link to work for me. Here are the part numbers he listed and I used for my conversion. I found prices very close and it is possible to get by with one pin if you grind of the cap and cut carefully. What the heck you're probably complete by now.

The HD dealer in Glendale CA has the pegs in stock. Bought a pair and will start doing mine soon.

I could not see the part numbers, but I found them in Wick's post in this thread

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ic=8229&hl=

Part numbers are N0520.1AD and N0521.1AD

There are also photos in that thread

by Britchelee

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ost&id=5378

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ost&id=5379

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a different part number N0006.1AD

From

http://www.silvereagleharley.com/eshopprod...r_XB_Models.htm

Not sure if is a different model or for some odd reason just a differnt number

When used on the Firebolt® models, the rider's leg position (height) will be lowered 1". (Reduces lean angle clearance). Creates a more comfortable and relaxed riding position. Contains left and right footpegs. Fits '03-later XB9R and '04-later XB12R models. Stock on '03-later XB9S and '04-later XB12S models.

Quantity Item / Item Code Price

Rider Footpegs for XB Models

N0006.1AD $25.60

N00061AD_large290.jpg

But I also just found this article

http://www.robotskirts.com/?m=200607&paged=2

rumoring that the Buell pegs are crap and may brake unexpectedly....

footpeg.jpg

...the carnage! :o

I don't know if I'd say the pegs are crap, but that long curb feeler has to go! I think that is why the peg in the picture broke. I tried a set on my V11 and re-tapped the Buell pegs to use the Moto Guzzi button. I think then the pegs would be as durable as any other.

Joe

PS, I didn't like the Buell pegs, if anyone is interested in buying them, use the PM to contact me. They are already machined to fit and come with the hollow pins and correct springs.

Hey guys, just a heads up. Ive heard a lot of bike owners are interested in the Buell Lightning footpegs because of their drop. I have an XB9S Lightning, and I can attest they do break easily. One morning on the way to work I was pulling off of the street on which i live, which ends on a hill. My bike had only been running a few minutes, and the way harleys are, they like to spit and pop, and you know the rest. Anyway, im pulling onto a busy city street, going up one hill and onto another and the bike pops and dies at about 5 mph going up a hill and during the turn. The bike started going down, and i jumped to the side and let it down as easily as i could. It snapped the peg. Thats the only damage it did, not a scuff anywhere.

So the point of my post, I am starting a company here in Wichita Ks, and we do fabrication (mostly turbo stuff cars and bikes), but I am working with an aircraft design engineer on building billet aluminum drop pegs for the Buells. I can make them stock, or with a 2" drop. You all might keep these in mind when swapping yours out. I will have them available this fall. A pair will probably be in the $70-80 range. Let me know what kind of interest you guys have. Thanks

Ryan