Had anyone done a mod on the kickstand

Guest jimjib

Guest jimjib

.....to keep it from draging? I have shaved the rubber bumper to allow the stand to swing up a bit but it still rubs at the front. Has anyone made a bracket to move the whole shabang up a bit?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

What little information I can offer comes from the Sport 1100 arena, but

the frames for the V11's are essentially the same, so here goes.

According to some of the members on the Australian Guzzi forum:

http://www.guzzi.com.au/forum/guzzi/

some Kawasaki side stands can be fitted to the spine frame bikes. I've

never gotten any details though I've posted asking for some. Try them

if you like. If you get a cogent reply, please post the details back here.

More useful are the folks in Germany:

http://www.daes-mototec.de/

DAES Mototec has a kit for re-locating the side stand to the more normal aft position.

This one I believe requires welding on the frame. It also will not work with the

stock exhaust systems on the Sport 1100/i/Daytona RS but probably will not

interfere with the exhaust system on the V11's. DAS also has a number of other

specialized parts for the earlier Sport 1100/1100i/Daytona RS's and are busy adding

components for the V11 Sports as well.

Carl Allison

Modesto, California

01 V11 Sport TT

97 MG Sport 1100i "Bright Red Italian Bugswatter"

97 MG California 1100i

84 V65C "Training Wheels"

MGNOC 17546

email: guzzi007@postoffice.pacbell.net

http://home.pacbell.net/guzzi007/sportissimo.html

Just cut off the rubber bumper halfway. Did the trick for me. I think if I would rub it at the front I would go over the limit of my BT020's

Not te get too personal on the first question, but what's your weight and what suspension settings do you use? And the lowest part of the mufflers still have ground clearance?

Guest jimjib

I am 210 lbs a Front sag: Rider-49mm Rear: Static-33mm. No sign of the cans dragging, I quit going when the stand touched down

Guest ckknives

I was told by another Rosso rider from Canada this weekend, that you just take the black rubber stop off and the stand would not rub as frequently. He also rotated the mufflers in and up after fabricating new mounts and does not drag those parts ever.

ckknives on Olympic Peninsula

You would be well advised to shift your weight more in turns and you will stop dragging so much and still go faster a bit.

Any other tricks will be too dangerous on the street and reserved for the track. But again, our bikes are not the best suited for the track anyways, so what's the point?

Guest jimjib

I think you should always get as much clearance as you can, I would hate to need it in an emergence and get levered off the ground by the dang kickstand.

Guest hyper

The reason your dragging the front part of your stand and not your exhaust is your suspension settings. You have to much sag on the front. Some things to try,increase compression damping,thicker oil,stronger springs or spacers for existing springs. You could also try softing up your rebound damping to allow your forks to rebound quicker and pick a little clearance.

Guest hyper

Jimjib, You have to try something, the problem is pretty basic, you are running out of ground clearance. You have to get the front suspension working higher up in its stroke. This problem will not magically fix itself without some adjustments. Period.

Hyper