Mistral X K&N on LM 2004

Guest fifi93

Hello,

it is necessary to put a X and a filter K&N with Mistral on V11 LM 2004. The hole existing on approximately 4000 Tr/mn can it be gummed only with Mistrals on the 2004 modél.

ok.. I think your question is whether the flat spot at 4000 rpm can be fixed by putting on Mistrals only, or whether you also need to install a xover and filters.??

If so, I think the common view on this forum is that the xover (specifically the Stucchi) is effective in improving the 4000 flat spot, and that you don't need the K&N filter or Mistral pipes to notice this improvement.

For an overall improvement in output (both torque and horsepower), then you do need to look at complete intake/exhaust modifications which would include all 3 of the filter/xover/pipes.. Then add some form of remapping capability to realize the full benefit of these changes. (ie. new chip, PCIII, or others)

I do not know if we have any dyno charts to prove this, only that its a common consensus.

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers, Tim

I have a question.........Is the Stucchi crossover really necessary with the '03 & '04 models which come from the factory with the front crossover? I thought the purpose of the standard front crossover was to eliminate the "hole" around 4,000 RPM, which should eliminate the need for the Stucchi crossover. What is the story on this???

Joe

ok..  I think your question is whether the flat spot at 4000 rpm can be fixed by putting on Mistrals only, or whether you also need to install a xover and filters.??

If so, I think the common view on this forum is that the xover (specifically the Stucchi) is effective in improving the 4000 flat spot, and that you don't need the K&N filter or Mistral pipes to notice this improvement.

For an overall improvement in output (both torque and horsepower), then you do need to look at complete intake/exhaust modifications which would include all 3 of the filter/xover/pipes..  Then add some form of remapping capability to realize the full benefit of these changes. (ie. new chip, PCIII, or others)

I do not know if we have any dyno charts to prove this, only that its a common consensus.

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers, Tim

41241[/snapback]

in short, Mistrals are enough to eliminate the hole around the 4000 rpm. any time one can add X stucchi, filter K&N and remake

the cartography of the ECU in order to obtain a better output. It is

that? :bier:

Guest Brian Robson

I think they mean

1. Get the Stucchi crossover.

2. Get the PC/tuneboy/Ecu changes.

3. Get the Mistrals.

In that order, or all together.

I have the PC111 and this made the bike run so well, that I will get the crossover in the future. :bier:

I think they mean

1. Get the Stucchi crossover.

2. Get the PC/tuneboy/Ecu changes.

3. Get the Mistrals.

In that order, or all together.

I have the PC111 and this made the bike run so well, that I will get the crossover in the future. :bier:

41266[/snapback]

is it easy ti use power comander ?

Guest Brian Robson

If that is the route you choose, contact todd@guzzitech.com. Its very easy to use...plug and play and Todd will put a map in to match your equipment and his price may well be cheaper than buying it in Europe.

It is easy to use the Power Commander.

Also,

Guzzi Hutch is correct that bikes with the front balance pipe are not prone to the dip in the HP curve at 4000-5000RPM.

I guess this is because of a combination of the balance pipe and higher compression pistons.

But once you have gone to aftermarket mufflers everything changes, so I would bet the Stucchi crossover is a great idea.

Thanks dalainq. I've got a 2003 Lemans (new in Oct.) with Guzzi titanium pipes, Race ECU, FBF open air box with K&N, plus PCIII from Todd. No flat spot but I have wondered what a Stucchi would do for the bike. As it is the bike revs up quite a bit quicker than stock.

Guest motor72

I've got the Mistrals and a drilled airbox lid and now have a stumble just off idle, though it does run better at evry other rpm. A PC111 is next.

Thanks dalainq.  I've got a 2003 Lemans (new in Oct.) with Guzzi titanium pipes,  Race ECU, FBF open air box with K&N, plus PCIII from Todd.  No flat spot but I have wondered what a Stucchi would do for the bike.  As it is the bike revs up quite a bit quicker than stock.

41290[/snapback]

I can only guess that the Stucchi will help.

I don't think anybody with the front balance pipe, has done a before and after dyno with the Stucchi crossover.

Most of us were turned on to the value of the Stucchi crossover, because of Doug Lofgren's dyno results at:

http://www.manleycycle.com/Tech.htm#MotoGuzzi

FBF also makes a nice crossover.

http://www.ferracci.com/2002ferracci/perfo...ll_exhaust.html

I can only guess that the Stucchi will help.

I don't think anybody with the front balance pipe, has done a before and after dyno with the Stucchi crossover.

Most of us were turned on to the value of the Stucchi crossover, because of Doug Lofgren's dyno results at:

http://www.manleycycle.com/Tech.htm#MotoGuzzi

FBF also makes a nice crossover.

http://www.ferracci.com/2002ferracci/perfo...ll_exhaust.html

41293[/snapback]

Speaking of the devil: Is there anybody out there who can tell the difference between Stucchi and Ferracci x-overs or is it just a matter of the eyes of the beholder? Pros and cons?

I am about to purchase the FBF kit (cans, x-over, airfilter) + PC III with the relevant maps so please advice.

Thanks in advance

Søren