It's hard to be humble

raz

This was first posted in 'wanted' but jihem notified me no-one can answer in classifieds so it may be better here:

The hilariuous (IMHO) patch I have pictured in my avatar is selled by some company in Pennsylvania. I love it but I can't buy it :angry: because they wont ship outside North America. Does anyone know any other place where I could buy one and have it delivered to Sweden? Or could someone help me buying a couple? :bier:

The only place I've found is http://store.uncommonmotorcycles.com/mgpatch1.html

How many do you want?

I'll trade you for the equivalent Swedish patch/patches

It's not necessary for the patch to mention: shaft, rod, piston, stroke, jugs, big twins, I do it with a round head, etc. We are a sedate and modest group here in NYC.

DW

How many do you want?

It's not necessary for the patch to mention: shaft, rod, piston, stroke, jugs, big twins, I do it with a round head, etc. We are a sedate and modest group here in NYC.

on

DW

If you can get one that incorporates food in the logo, Dave would be even happier.

bc

If DW cannot help you out for some reason, let me know. I live 1.5 hours away from Uncommon. Peter Askey is who I bought my EV from. I have done business with him many times.

AS an aside to this, Peter was the 1973 National Trials Champion.

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

Guest gooseorduck

Thanks Raz for posting.

I have to get one too.

Thanks Raz for posting it here.

I like it, it's my persona.

How many do you want?

DW

I'm not sure I follow. There is no way one could translate it to swedish (without loosing the fun), if that's what you meant. Actually I'm not at all a fan of most streamers (or what you call a "honk if you're horny" sticker at the back of a car) and stuff but this exact wording is so perfect and... guzzi-ish? :bike:

Actually I'm not at all a fan of most streamers (or what you call a "honk if you're horny" sticker at the back of a car)

That thing on the back of the car they're stuck to is a "bumper," with the rather direct result [we 'Murricans are so literal-minded, y'know] that we call them "bumper stickers." ;)

Thanks for the tip on the patch; it's a good'un!

:thumbsup:

I'm not sure I follow. There is no way one could translate it to swedish (without loosing the fun), if that's what you meant. Actually I'm not at all a fan of most streamers (or what you call a "honk if you're horny" sticker at the back of a car) and stuff but this exact wording is so perfect and... guzzi-ish? :bike:

A Swedish club patch or some other European Guzzi patch will do nicely. Typically, the humor I intended did not translate.

I will trade you one for one or two for two, whatever you prefer

Blackcat seems to think that my jacket should have a patch that says: "Eat to ride, ride to eat". If only they made one...

jacket2.jpg

jacket1.jpg

A Swedish club patch or some other European Guzzi patch will do nicely. Typically, the humor I intended did not translate.

Blackcat seems to think that my jacket should have a patch that says: "Eat to ride, ride to eat". If only they made one...

jacket2.jpg

jacket1.jpg

What, no Lemmonhead patch? Oh thats right, you had a Monza.

:homer: Now I get it. I totally misunderstood what you were saying (normally a couple of beers improves my English :drink: but yesterday it didn't). Of course we could trade! I'll send you a PM.

I contacted Peter over at Uncommon yesterday. He presently has two in stock but has them made locally. If he, or I, knew how many to get made, it was suggested that maybe they would be sent to one place in Europe in one bag and then distributed from there. Possibly that would be the least costly way to ship them. He said he just doesn't want to mess with the shipping and associated costs to go overseas. I think he said they were $12.00 USD. Please don't quote me on that, it was a fast call during work, but that should pretty close.

Like I said, let me know if I can help. I'll be happy to.

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

I contacted Peter over at Uncommon yesterday. He presently has two in stock but has them made locally. If he, or I, knew how many to get made, it was suggested that maybe they would be sent to one place in Europe in one bag and then distributed from there. Possibly that would be the least costly way to ship them. He said he just doesn't want to mess with the shipping and associated costs to go overseas. I think he said they were $12.00 USD. Please don't quote me on that, it was a fast call during work, but that should pretty close.

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

Thanks John! Naturally he just don't get much ROI for the effort of sending stuff overseas. Actually I had the idea of sending him cash by mail and include a stamped and addressed envelope for sending the patch back to me. That way it wouldn't be any trouble for him.

Thing is, once I manage to get hold of one, I will like the fact no-one else got it in Europe B)

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

I want one too!!!!!!pay by pay pal?

Just for the record, I don't want to undermine Guzziownr's desire to trade patched with someone.

I am however willing to help obtain some for those who just want them. It does seem logical to me to work with a single person to get the patches into Europe in the first place. I believe that would keep the shipping cost to a minimum. I DO NOT desire to make any profit what so ever. Only to cover any costs. I can pay Uncommon up front for the patches, then the person I ship them to can pay me for the patches plus cost of shipping, and those charges could then be divided up respectively to anybody from that point on, along with any individual shipping charges.

If there is someone willing to be the "European Connection" for this, PM me.I'll reply with my e-mail so that we can move forward. At that point, we can begin getting a proper count and proceed from there. Once I have a number, I can contact Peter and have them made.

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry :mg: