V11 is staying

Guest Nogbad

Guest Nogbad

I renewed my Buell insurance with the H-D official insurers in the UK and asked whether I could transfer my NCD from the Guzzi when I sell it, so the guy says why sell the V11 when we will both allow you to transfer your NCD mid policy and get a refund, AND add the Guzzi for just £100 for the year.

Now that's customer service..... Falls down in a faint.

I renewed my Buell insurance with the H-D official insurers in the UK and asked whether I could transfer my NCD from the Guzzi when I sell it, so the guy says why sell the V11 when we will both allow you to transfer your NCD mid policy and get a refund, AND add the Guzzi for just £100 for the year.

so does this mean you'll keep the guzzi for a sunday bike?

And look, not everything american is bad now is it? :bier:

for this kind of money sell your V11 get a griso for 100 a year then :food:

Well done. If only that option was available here but sadly not so!

Glad to hear you're stickin' around!!

Couple of questions:

1) What's an NCD?

2) Why would you be surprised that an insurance company would be willing to add more vehicles to your policy? It's all money to them, & for the added amounts charged, pure gravy since you can't be riding both at once!

Ride on,

:bike:

Guest Nogbad

Couple of questions:

1) What's an NCD?

No claims discount for not actually using your insurance....

2) Why would you be surprised that an insurance company would be willing to add more vehicles to your policy? It's all money to them, & for the added amounts charged, pure gravy since you can't be riding both at once!

Ride on,

:bike:

Much as I hate to be defending the insurance industry, what you say is partly bullshit because a lot of insurance payout on bikes is for theft, and the plug uglies can sure try to steal your Guzzi while you are out on your Buell and vice versa, and might take both after breaking and entering when you are riding neither. Since the additional premium on the Buell policy to cover the Guzzi is less than a laid up theft only standalone policy would be, I think the gravy ratio is lower than you think.

Several years ago, my buddy added a third motorcycle to his insurance. Upon adding the third bike, he was sent an $18.00 USD refund check. YES, it cost him less per year for three than it did for two. I really don't know, perhaps they figure you are a more responsible owner if you have multiple bikes, not to mention that you can't ride more than one at a time, (unless you let someone else ride it).

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

Greetings!

I too have noticed the same thing. It saves me almost $500 per year in premiums to keep 4 motorcycles on my policy (two Guzzis, a honda, and a kawasaki) instead of just the two Guzzis. For me it definitely works out for the better, as now I'm afforded the ability to ride any of the 4 at any time, as opposed to having to call up the insurance co should I REALLY want to take the KZ or the CB for a jaunt around town. When I bought the V11 I was told by the insurance company that I could make a new policy for the V11 (at a cost of $1500/ year) or, I could add it to my existing policy for $200/year. That was one of the easiest decisions I've made.

Oddly enough, having just paid my premium for the year, I'm currently stationed about 1000 miles from any of the 4..... no riding for me for a while :angry:

Guest bshpilot

Several years ago, my buddy added a third motorcycle to his insurance. Upon adding the third bike, he was sent an $18.00 USD refund check. YES, it cost him less per year for three than it did for two. I really don't know, perhaps they figure you are a more responsible owner if you have multiple bikes, not to mention that you can't ride more than one at a time, (unless you let someone else ride it).

thats how progressive (insurance company) has handled us...MULTI-Bike discount...

typically it cost no more or sometimes even LESS as we've added a bike.

Progressive allows you to delete the PI (personal injury insurance)...which can be the

largest portion of the bill...since most are hurt if they go down...I depend on my health

insurance (from my job) so i dont need the double coverage...and i DELETE the PI.

I also can select liablity ONLY (since 98% of most motorcycle accidents are USUALLY

the fault of the car)...ive customized my coverage to include liablity + fire/wind & theft...

i carry no COMPREHENSIVE, or PI and this helps keep the policy costs down significantly.

Insurance, on bikes??? I pay cash - no need for insurance (Florida USA state law). Why would one need to insure a motorcycle???

mostly to cover me if i AM at fault or the bikes get stolen....then im not COMPLETELY out

or open to a personal law suit...