Good Guzzi Track Day turn-out...

RacerX

We had 6 Guzzis (2 Jackals & 4 V11S') on the track this past Monday out at ButtonWillow with RideRedShift.com - even former lister/V11S owner Dave Pott and his newly acquired Trumpet Sprint (and his wife on her Duc) appeared unexpectedly from Fresno.

Sometimes folks get wound up about this here, other times not... figured I'd post it for fun to see if I can lure anyone else out of the woodwork from NorCal. Be sure to join us at Laguna, April 2nd for those of you who only lurk on this board.

Read the words, see the photos here... enjoy; http://socal-guzzi.com/PHPBB/viewtopic.php?t=779

you have to tape them up or take em off at track days here. I learned my lesson though, the black tape looks way better on camera :)

Antonio what Robbie said, we have to tape up all lights and plastic lenses to ride on the track...on page two of that tread is an action shot I didn't think it looked that bad :unsure: the tape matched the leathers I was wearing :huh2: the reason I use the "blue" tape it is painters masking tape (3M product) it sticks well enough to pass the tech inspector and comes off real easy with no glue transfer to bike, only thing you have to do is make sure the lights are disconnected so heat doesn't bake on the tape (pull out bulb or disconnect plug to light). :thumbsup: Todd aka RacerX is an Instructor at RedShift so he (all instuctors) run with mirrors and lights to help us "students" with braking points and all such things. richr

Guest h8chains

I was on one of the V11 and it was a blast. Still a Group C rider, but the track experience elevated my skills and confidence by several notches - equivalent to 3 months of riding , maybe. It's the safest way of going fast at the corners. What a rush...