crash protectors MG ?

jihem

hi all,

A friend of mine just bought himself a lovely 749, with crash protectors fitted on his fork and two on the side of the fairing. Looks quite discreet and as he does trackdays often, one never knows...

i tried to locate some for V11, but couldn't. Anyone knows who does them ?

thanx !

GSGProtectorForkDucati998.jpg

yeah, I think that the protectors would have to stick out pretty far to provide any affect. It would be better just to get some heavy duty head gaurds. Adding the crash protectors to th front forks would remind me of the trick bmx bikes.....that could equal some pretty cool tricks though :pic:

Looks like the forks are recessed specifically for the puck. I'm interested now...going to have to research this a bit. Btw, I have the RossoPuro cylinder head sliders, which may be sufficient to protect your fairing when combined with a good set of bar ends (I like them, but they receive mixed reviews from those more artistic). Pls email me if you break the code on the fork sliders. k

Btw, I have the RossoPuro cylinder head sliders, which may be sufficient to protect your fairing when combined with a good set of bar ends

are these the ones ? 6746561_1117101336328_0003_01m.jpg

are these the ones ? 6746561_1117101336328_0003_01m.jpg

Yes. k

Those crash protectors will help and the cylinder head guards are great but to have the best protection you would need sliders on the rear axle and solid - not folding - footpegs plus good bar end protection. None of this will save the bike in a highside or major crash but with all the kit then a simple lowside or parking lot tip--over may leave you with little or no damage at all.

I'll talk to my friend who makes the hard plastic sliders for racebikes (they are ridiculously easy to make) about making a set the I'll post some pictures here and see if anyone is interested. They are not expensive either but to buy them from a bike shop they mark them up 200%.

Cheers

Jim

hi all,

A friend of mine just bought himself a lovely 749, with crash protectors fitted on his fork and two on the side of the fairing. Looks quite discreet and as he does trackdays often, one never knows...

i tried to locate some for V11, but couldn't. Anyone knows who does them ?

thanx !

GSGProtectorForkDucati998.jpg

I recently saw something similar and was interested in a set for my V11 as well.

I found that R&G Racing Products makes a complete set of "crash protectors" for a number of bikes, including the Ducati 749. Here's a link the their website: http://www.rg-racing.com//showproducts/Crash_Protectors.aspx.

Unfortunately, they do not currently make a set for the V11. However, they told me that if enough people express interest in a set for the V11 they would consider producing them. So, if we can get enough forum members to send requests to R&G, you never know......

Here's R&G's contact information:

Tel: +44 (0) 870 2206 380

Fax : +44 (0) 1420 521 101

Email: info@rg-racing.com

I suspect any hollow axle Guzzi crosslist with Ducati 748, 996, etc.?

It should be just a matter of matching up the Inner diameter of the axle.

As for solid axles, I think it would tricky to make a similar protector.

As Jim said, they would be easy to make.

Take a couple of skateboard wheels and string them across the hollow axle with a thin axle or even a wire strand cable.

There is aguy in the states that does these for practically anything with a hollow axel. In the local Super motard series these things are madatory mainly because we use go kart tracks and the local club has decreed so. Unfortunaly I can't remeber the name of the contact but if you troll through a motard forum something should turn up we had to supply him a few basic dimensions and they turned up all done. basically there is a stanless threaded rod running though the axel with a couple of aluminium spacers to centralise it if you had acess to a lathe and were half way handy they wouldn't be hard to do.