Wanna-be Has a Few Qs

joe camarda

Hello and TIA for any advice offered....

I've owned a 01 V11 Sport and am thinking now of getting a 03-04 V11. I've noticed that some 03s have a front exhaust-crossover pipe, while others do not.

Is this pipe a real benefit? I suspect that it is, but I believe that I've read that it is also problematic in that it becomes loose and requires special shims to fix. Can anyone shed light on this?

Secondly, and also re the later model exhausts, are there as many aftermarket options to replace the stock system and do they include the front crossover pipe? If they dont, since I plan to replace the exhaust system at some point, should I be concerned with getting a model with that front crossover.

Lastly, for now anyway ;) can anyone link me to a photo of a LeMans with tubular handlebars?

Again, TIA,,,

Hello and TIA for any advice offered....

I've owned a 01 V11 Sport and am thinking now of getting a 03-04 V11. I've noticed that some 03s have a front exhaust-crossover pipe, while others do not.

Is this pipe a real benefit? I suspect that it is, but I believe that I've read that it is also problematic in that it becomes loose and requires special shims to fix. Can anyone shed light on this?

Secondly, and also re the later model exhausts, are there as many aftermarket options to replace the stock system and do they include the front crossover pipe? If they dont, since I plan to replace the exhaust system at some point, should I be concerned with getting a model with that front crossover.

Lastly, for now anyway ;) can anyone link me to a photo of a LeMans with tubular handlebars?

Again, TIA,,,

I'm not certain but it is possible that 03 models that don't have the crossover are actually rebadged 02s. There has been much discussion about leaky problematic crossovers. And finally, Todd E. (RacerX) is doing these:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10643

I'm not certain but it is possible that 03 models that don't have the crossover are actually rebadged 02s. There has been much discussion about leaky problematic crossovers. And finally, Todd E. (RacerX) is doing these:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10643

Yep. My '03 is a rebadged '02. No front crossover. :)