I've thinking about buying another bike.....

Richard Z

I am considering buying a Super Duke. I rode it the other day and it gives me chills it was so damn fun... Which leads me to this question.... I am familiar what is called Supermoto at least here in the U.S. Its runs completely on Hard asphalt/pavement like superbike. But what ever happend to the racing using similar bike running on pavement and dirt at the same time. Not enduro... I just can't remember.

Richard Z.

I'm not sure RZ but I think there is still some dirt envolved in the USA. This comes from the AMA website:

wp91e6fzo5_1122919879.jpg

I participated in one of the first Supermotos ever back in the early seventies at Carlsbad Raceway in California. There was more dirt than pavement then and we all rode MX bikes with knobbies. The paved portion was a hoot. We actually ran the race in teams, two riders switching off as needed, each on his own bike. Sorta like a tag team wrestling match. :grin: My biggest claim to fame was finishing ahead of Marty Tripes...........but then who knows, he must have crashed or had something of a mechanical problem. :P