cafe vs. lemans

savagehenry

:2c: Well I presently have a LeMans but I have rode both the R90S and the MG Sport. My brother has a R90S that I took out once and at highway speed I was hanging on for dear life with my helmet threating to be sucked off my head. It wasn't a very pleasent experience :bbblll: and I will never ride one again. Two years ago I rode a sport at the Mid Ohio Rally and at first I was dreading the wind blast but it wasn't that bad. The fairing is a lot smaller than the R90S but it manages the airflow quite well :thumbsup: for its size. The Lemans is far ahead of either. I've put in 800+ mile days with no problem. I have a small deflector on the windshield that put the air just right. I have no problem with the tunes being pumped into my helmet. I guess it depends on what your riding goals are. I like distance so I could never do the Sport. Also the LeMans to me has that look back over your shoulder appeal :D as you walk away from it. Only you can decide in the end but I highly recommend the LeMans but they are both good bikes. :bike:

:mg:

Guest randy

i'm 6'3" 180'- the only boxer i've ever ridden for comparison (?) is an R65.

for me? my perfect garage would have ...Both! ;)

-(IMHO) the Sport ergos are delightful for blasting around your neighborhood and honest local Cafe "hopping", and the LeMans is less about stopping and more about catching that elusive horizon. i opted for the LeMans wholly because of That Look (which Steve G. so eloquently described in better words), a very personal affliction that leaves us helpless to endless double-takes of our chosen machines.

more personal experience; the (stock) LeMans bars feel too long (or low) of a reach for me. the seat-peg distance (on either bike) is a wee cozy. and the "dirty air" from the LM fairing makes my helmet waaaay noisier than any nekkid bike would. but that same fairing gives some great protection- and at any ridiculous speed, you can tuck down and get a fix of that wonderful motor sound, clear as if there wasn't any wind at all :wub:

my perfect garage would have a Sport for the imulse rides and local jaunts, and a LeMans for the premeditated rides and the gratuitous sensual photo-shoots :pic:

either way, you're already here: you will do no wrong! :mg:

Randy

Has anyone mounted tubular bars on a LeMans while retaining the stock fairing?

If the stock fairing is removed are you likely to find contact/rub marks on the gas tank?

At Moto Intl., we've installed maybe 15 sets of Ballabio bars on LeManses. They work great. I'll soon have this set-up when I get the Lemans fairing mounted onto my Billy Bob.

At Moto Intl., we've installed maybe 15 sets of Ballabio bars on LeManses. They work great. I'll soon have this set-up when I get the Lemans fairing mounted onto my Billy Bob.

What do you charge for the bars and risers?

I'm envious...in all my three months of active searching I've yet to see a Nero Corse for sale :huh2: Hopefully, my Ducati will sell next week (potential buyer lined up) at which time I'll be looking for a Corse or possibly a Cafe Sport.

Rocker59...Nice LM/Tricolore

If anyone knows of a Corse for sale, please PM me.

I'm envious...in all my three months of active searching I've yet to see a Nero Corse for sale :huh2: Hopefully, my Ducati will sell next week (potential buyer lined up) at which time I'll be looking for a Corse or possibly a Cafe Sport.

Not my Tricolore. It belongs to one of our European members...

I also talked to a person in Houston, found through "Craigslist", " '04 Cafe sport, sounded reasonable enough. Stay focused and on the trail, good luck! Savagehenry

I also talked to a person in Houston, found through "Craigslist", " '04 Cafe sport, sounded reasonable enough. Stay focused and on the trail, good luck! Savagehenry

Thanks, if its the one from the Houston area I've been in touch w/ the owner. His is a possibility. Did you buy your Nero Corse from FBF? (if you dont mind me asking). Looking forward to some photos.

Thanks, if its the one from the Houston area I've been in touch w/ the owner. His is a possibility. Did you buy your Nero Corse from FBF? (if you dont mind me asking). Looking forward to some photos.

Yeah, thats the one, and I'm smilin' sooo big my head may fall off. I have a 1978 BMW R100S, (soon for sale...) and had a 1979 HD Lowrider, the newest bikes I've owned up to this point. I'm told I'm about to enter a whole new universe of motorsickles. Haven't even ridden any Guzzis yet, but I know a thing or two about obsession, and have been transfixed with the v11 since I saw the green redframe in '00. Ohhhh, here we go again........ Has anyone found out how many of these are out there/produced? Again, good luck, Savagehenry

Guzzi_016.jpg

Guzzi_017.jpg