Seems odd......strawberry slobber

dhansen

I change my '01 V11 over to Redline heavy last fall and all seemed well. I must have ridden 500 or more miles before winter set in and I've done three or four easy rides this spring. Everything was normal until yesterday when I see the bevel case has spewed strawberry delight out the vent and all over the back of the bike.

I have seen mention that the bevel capacity given in the manual is a bit generous so I leveled the bike and pulled the inspection plug. Must have drained off about 2 oz. or so, plus whatever was lost through the vent.

Just seems strange that it took so long to finally puke. Am I missing something here?

TIA, Dennis.

Guest ratchethack

Is there a need to be concerned about plastic bearing cages when using the RLHS strawberry shake?

No. It's an Old Wive's tale burned at the stake long ago like every Bride of Satan well should be. :whistle:

I do not believe there are any plastic bearing cages in the V11's. Some of the 5-speed transmissions had them, but as I recall they were only in a limited run of serial #'s, the alleged incompatibility with synthetic was not well documented, and may not have actually existed.

temerature might have an effect.

Also, rain water and moisture getting in, possibly increasing the capacity and maybe the frothiness of the strawberry shake :P

Yeah, I thought about the temp Dave and moisture for that matter. It was in the 40's the night it ended up puking, about the same as the late fall,early winter rides. Never did it when the temps were 50 to 60. The bike hasn't been wet since its last bath way back.

We'll see if it still wants to do it after draining the excess.