The Longest Ride - the book by Emilio Scotto

st. augustine

just finished the Argentine's book on traveling 735,000km around the world in 10 years, 2 months and 19 days. there is something for everyone in this book. i hope you pick it up for a read.

see what others said....

You must be crazier than me, and no doubt that’s why you’ll make it.

Mohammed Alí (Cassius Clay). Los Ángeles, 1986

Emilio, today I will say a prayer for you and your Black Princess. You both have my blessing.

Pope John Paul II, Vatican City, 1987

We are thankful for your visit to our country and the letter of peace you have gave me.

Colonel Muammar El Qadhafi, Libya, 1988

One day Hollywood will have to make a movie about your story.

Robert Stack (Unsolved Mysteries/The Untouchables) Beverly Hills, California, 1992

I honestly envy you. That was also my dream, but I was never able to fulfill it.

Antonio Banderas, Los Ángeles, CA., 1998

For his eighth birthday, Emilio Scotto received a World Atlas. Promptly he announced his plan to make a route that would pass through all the countries of the world, a route he named Blue Road One. When, some years later, he found himself astride a black 1100 Honda Gold Wing motorcycle, Blue Road One beckoned, and Scotto set off on a journey that would last more than a decade, take him virtually everywhere in the world, and land him in the Guinness Book of World Records. This is his story, a thrill ride that begins in his native Argentina, crosses Panama in the tumultuous time of Noriega, Mexico in the midst of an earthquake, and finds him broke in L.A. where, in a chance meeting, Muhammad Ali gives him 50 dollars and a signed book.Breaching the Iron Curtain, crossing the Berlin Wall at Checkpoint Charlie, being blessed by the Pope, set upon by cannibals in Sierra Leone, fleeing Somalia on a freighter, Scottos adventures would be unbelievable if they werent true. His tale of touring the world from Tunisia to Turkey, Petra to Afghanistan, Yugoslavia to Singapore, traveling miles enough to take him to the moon and back, is unlike any ever told. Come along, for the ride of a lifetime.

the_longest_ride.jpg

being blessed by the Pope, set upon by cannibals in Sierra Leone...

well...if it happened in that order, I think I'd have a few choice words for that Pope dude! :bbblll:

:grin: