spark plug cap replacement

pShenk

Oy everybody... I haven't been on here for a long time, I know. A lot has been going on, including a separation and move. I still have my V11, although I did wreck it a few months back :( Heh... chalk it up to city driving.

Anyway, I have a question... the cap that goes on the spark plug, the part at the end of the sparkplug wire, how do you replace it without replacing the whole wire? Mine is busted, and to me, I can't see any easy way to disconnect the wire from it, without just cutting it. Right now, it's using the hard plastic NKG cap, not the stock rubber one.

Can anyone give me a walk-through on what I'll need, what tools, etc? I don't have easy access to my cool garage shop anymore, so I'll have to plan ahead :)

Not answering your question, but some in the same boat as you might consider TPO-Dragon wires made with MSD wire (low resistance, high suppression, and high durability).

I bought some a few years ago and they hold up very nicely.

This link won't last long, so if broken search for guzzi spark plug wires

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TPO-Dragon-...1QQcmdZViewItem

pShenk

I have to replace it today too.

My mechanic told me to simply unscrew it.

CYA!

Thanks, that worked. I'm out of town, so I wont get to replace it until I get back, but the old shattered one came off perfectly by unscrewing it :)