Coppa Italia

joe camarda

So I sold my Ducati :bike: Multistrada last weekend and have had my ear to the ground for the past several weeks looking for a V11. Ideally it would have Ohlins and red anodized frame plates.

Found a local one. Well maintained, clean. 6K miles. Price is OK. Ohlins. Red anodized frame plates. So far so good...But, its a :helmet: Coppa Italia.

I know, I know. Some people love the paint. Personally I think it is just too pretty...too "flamboyant". So, as Jaap is my witness, this is what I'm thinking:

Buy the Coppa Italia and re-paint it! :o

Now normally I would do just that without giving it a second thought. But in this case it almost seems sacreligious, an afront to the millions of Guzzi owners worldwide (well okay, "thousands") who must surely love the Tri-Colore paint scheme. I almost cant bring myself to do it.

So I'd like to throw this out as a feeler, testing the waters so to speak:

Is there any interest in swapping the body panels and tank from a Coppa Italia with Ballabio or Cafe Sport or even Lemans body parts? No committments necessary here, as I am still undecided between the Coppa and another Guzzi, but I do want to explore my options before I make the plunge, which I expect to do within the next 2-3 days. :mg:

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/moto_guzz...italia_2004.php

Spam-spam-spam :angry:

Anyway, nothing wrong with the Coppa. :)

No "spam" Antonio. And youre right, there is nothing wrong with the Coppa Italia. It just isnt my cup of tea, so I'm wondering if anyone would (should I settle on the Coppa) be interested. I would probably end up painting the swapped pieces anyway but maybe preserving an iconic Guzzi paintjob for someone else to enjoy.

Anyway, I'm a little ahead of the game here...BTW if anyone knows of a Rosso Corsa for sale, please PM me.

Joe, there is a couple of Le Mans for sale on this forum. And more Sport.

A Ohlins front fork plus the rear mono it's not difficult to find.

I will help you to find those if you want... :mg:

Thanks Antonio for the offer :bier: But I figure that it would be less expensive to just buy an Ohlins equipped Guzzi to begin with. Plus there are some nice touches on the Coppa that I REALLY like such as the red frame plates, CF front fender and coloring of the wheels and valve covers. The Cafe Sport is a very close second, but lacks the red frame plates.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to re-joining the flock here...and soon :!: Whether it be with a re-painted (or body swapped) Coppa or a Corsa Lemans remains to be seen.

So I sold my Ducati :bike: Multistrada last weekend and have had my ear to the ground for the past several weeks looking for a V11. Ideally it would have Ohlins and red anodized frame plates.

Found a local one. Well maintained, clean. 6K miles. Price is OK. Ohlins. Red anodized frame plates. So far so good...But, its a :helmet: Coppa Italia.

I know, I know. Some people love the paint. Personally I think it is just too pretty...too "flamboyant". So, as Jaap is my witness, this is what I'm thinking:

Now normally I would do just that without giving it a second thought. But in this case it almost seems sacreligious, an afront to the millions of Guzzi owners worldwide (well okay, "thousands") who must surely love the Tri-Colore paint scheme. I almost cant bring myself to do it.

So I'd like to throw this out as a feeler, testing the waters so to speak:

Is there any interest in swapping the body panels and tank from a Coppa Italia with Ballabio or Cafe Sport or even Lemans body parts? No committments necessary here, as I am still undecided between the Coppa and another Guzzi, but I do want to explore my options before I make the plunge, which I expect to do within the next 2-3 days. :mg:

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/moto_guzz...italia_2004.php

Joe-

I heard from Greg at MI in Seattle that they have a Cafe Sport for sale right now-

has the Ohlins and other bits you like... and it is coming from a top-notch dealer

Give them a call.

206.297.3822 or 800.949.MOTO

2 year warranty, +/- 4K miles for $7,490

http://www.motointernational.com/HDB_7_05.htm

http://www.motointernational.com/main.htm

PS: Please for the love of all things sacred, do not re-paint the Coppa!

:helmet:

Guest Mattress

I assume you are talking about what we call the "porkchops" as red frame plates?

If so, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to buy a Cafe Sport and buy some red frame plates? Or re-paint them red?

the coppa is a cafe sport with a different paint job.

Thanks Antonio for the offer :bier: But I figure that it would be less expensive to just buy an Ohlins equipped Guzzi to begin with. Plus there are some nice touches on the Coppa that I REALLY like such as the red frame plates, CF front fender and coloring of the wheels and valve covers. The Cafe Sport is a very close second, but lacks the red frame plates.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to re-joining the flock here...and soon :!: Whether it be with a re-painted (or body swapped) Coppa or a Corsa Lemans remains to be seen.

If you are looking for a LeMans, Mike Haven from MPH posted on Wildguzzi the other day that they just received a Nero Corsa -- the black checker-flagged themed LeMans, with all the Ohlins bits... plus I believe those came with red anodized head covers and red pork chops.

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=11344.0

FYI - MPH is a sponsor of this site - so look UP and click on their link!

:bier:

I assume you are talking about what we call the "porkchops" as red frame plates?

If so, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to buy a Cafe Sport and buy some red frame plates? Or re-paint them red?

the coppa is a cafe sport with a different paint job.

That's what I'd do... Joe

Joe,

I think buying a Coppa and trading or selling the plastic is a great idea!

I just wish my plastic was in tradeable condition :(

But it you choose to buy a bike out of state, you of course know the laws ;)

But I had to look it up...

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/os.htm

It has to have atleast 7500miles, and it must be a 50 state bike.

Are all V11s 50 state (CA) legal?

You would buy a Rosso Corsa but a Coppa Italia is to "flamboyant"? The one thing that bugged me with the Rosso was the purple flags all over it....so now there gone! Sounds like you should move to the dark side and look for a Scura :grin: