Speedo gremlins got me

gargoyle

Well it looks like I have joined the odometer/trip meter malfunctioning club. :angry: On my way home from the Euro Rally in Berkesville :bier: I glanced down and noticed my low fuel light on but the trip meter was only showing 77 miles. I had filled up in Glascow KY after just turning 10k :bike: on the odometer so it was working fine then. As I kept an eye on it I noticed that the tenths place would start to rotate and then click back but the speedo was working fine. Now finally to the real question. As my searches left me with the impression that it is replacement time, will the older white face speedo & tach work on my 04. I have found the black face very hard to read the inbetween numbers. I figure if I'm going to have to replace :luigi: I might as well buy something that looks beter to me. Do the white face models suffer from the same early death problem? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

:mg:

Well it looks like I have joined the odometer/trip meter malfunctioning club. :angry: On my way home from the Euro Rally in Berkesville :bier: I glanced down and noticed my low fuel light on but the trip meter was only showing 77 miles. I had filled up in Glascow KY after just turning 10k :bike: on the odometer so it was working fine then. As I kept an eye on it I noticed that the tenths place would start to rotate and then click back but the speedo was working fine. Now finally to the real question. As my searches left me with the impression that it is replacement time, will the older white face speedo & tach work on my 04. I have found the black face very hard to read the inbetween numbers. I figure if I'm going to have to replace :luigi: I might as well buy something that looks beter to me. Do the white face models suffer from the same early death problem? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

There was an earlier thread where someone had posted a link for a digital speedo/tach. I really liked the looks of the digital & I think it will fit as well but most here prefer analog gauges. YMMV lol

black and white are different make, and have different ratio, is a NO GO. Unless you like to take the whole gearbox in pieces to change the speedogear:-)

:huh2: Well that SUCKS :!: I thought I had seen some of the other V11 LeMans & Sports with white face gauges. Well I'm still new to this stuff and you have far more knowledge :notworthy: on these bikes than I do. Oh well I guess I better order a new one now so I can have it by the end of the season. I'm also going to install a Trek speedo as a backup.

If you are truly set on having white face gages - just paint a white face and some black numbers on the glass of your black ones. Then paint an orange needle somewhere in the middle of each.

These gages will have a great advantage over the white Veglias in that they will at least always be accurate at some point in the range.

Rj

Welcome to our club Gargoyle - I got used to the bouncing odo needle several years ago but last w/e the tach needle decided to park itself at 8k - I plan to try the old silicone spray to see if needle can be un-stuck ..?

Gio

Well I've been looking at the AutoMeter site and they have real nice speedos and tachs that would look real nice. :thumbsup: Does anybody know the size of our stuff? They have two sizes that might fit, 2 5/8" (66.7m) with a cup diameter of 2 11/16" (68.26mm) & 3 3/4" (95.3mm) with a cup size of 3 7/16" (87.31mm). Even though I was looking for a white face I really like their black face with the blue back lighting. Here is a link to check it out. I saw in my search for info that somebody else had used AutoMeter, any info on that?

http://procycle.autometer.com/

They sell them for 139 euro.

Live rates at 2007.05.23 08:56:13 UTC

139.00 EUR = 186.663 USD

Euro United States Dollars

1 EUR = 1.34290 USD 1 USD = 0.744658 EUR

Thanks for the info Paul. :thumbsup: I'm going to make some calls to AutoMeter tomorrow and see what my total cost would be. Right now if I need nothing else the AutoMeter would be cheaper for better quality. This will be interesting. Stand by for more updates.