Tekno bags-lost key

Guest steve chancey

Guest steve chancey

Hello everyone.My name is Steve Chancey,(new to this site) but a long time admirer of Moto Guzzis.I guess they are just about as different as me!!Of course maybe that's why I'm so attracted to them??? anyhow,I now own a '02 Le Mans and a '72 Eldo(which I can't wait to restore).I live in the Chattanooga,Tn. area and am somewhat unbalanced when it comes to "two-wheeled,motorized vehicles".I currently have in my possesion some fourty ,as in 40,motorcycles.Yes I know nobody NEEDS that many but let me explain.Besides my Guzzis,I have a KTM for dirt riding/racing,a '64(?)Sears/allstate moped (like the one that started this disease),three old Ducati singles,a Yamaha '75 100cc street bike (near perfect) probably 20 something OSSAs (another weakness of mine since I started racing on them in '72),a Kawasaki Concours,and a few other assorted mongrels.About half of these run and the others are either awaiting whatever fate I might thrust upon them,or are donors.Anyway enough of the boing stuff.Can anyone tell me where I might get a replacement key for the "Tekno" soft bags that were on my LeMans when I got it? Seems nobody but this site ,and Guzzi folk, has ever heard of them.

Guest steve chancey

Don't know but the other way is what key number?

Martin,thanks for the reply.Since I've lost the only key I had(I only got one with the bike),I don't know the number! I thought maybe the lock would have a number on it ,like many do,but it doesn't.Surely some one knows how to get in touch with the manufacturer.I'm thinking about taking it to a locksmith to see if he can make one to fit.I know this is done sometimes.Regards,Steve C.

That's a bit of a bugger :(

My lock barrels and keys are both numbered, without a key number I don't see how you can get replacements - Lock smith?

Though might just have to replace the barrels as a set - might be able to take them out yourself I'd imagine that they're fairly generic

Yeah, there's no indication of manufacture on the key itself. The only marking on my key is "154". I wouldn't be surprised if all the tekno bags used the same key (like old pontiacs...).

If you can remove the locks, take them to a locksmith and have some keys made up.

Or, call up one of the more established Guzzi dealers and see what they say about it. MPH is a site sponser and those guys are very knowledgable. Greg Field from MI should also have some good ideas.

Steve, you do need help, and not just in the key department. Remember the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. The second step is to allow friends to help you out. It will be a burden, but I'm willing to go the distance and give you a helping hand by taking one or more of your Ducati singles off your hands.

Yeah, there's no indication of manufacture on the key itself. The only marking on my key is "154". I wouldn't be surprised if all the tekno bags used the same key (like old pontiacs...).

Mine are 165 so probably not

I had the same problem. If the bags are off, like mine were, you can just take the lock assembly apart and remove it altogether. Maybe not the most secure, but that's what I ended up doing. :huh2: