Exhaust Questions

joe camarda

My 04 Coppa has the MG Ti, MG Race ECU and stock crossover installed.

This system seems just a tad softer than the Leo Vinces and Stucchi crossover I had on a previous V11 Sport.

I just recently "won" a FBF crossover on e-Bay, and I'm wondering

1. If the FBF crossover will "enhance" the sound.

2. Is there any advantage to adding a PCIII custom map on top of the MG ECU? Or, if I add the custom map, should I just do that using the stock ECU?

As always, thanks for any advice.

My 04 Coppa has the MG Ti, MG Race ECU and stock crossover installed.

This system seems just a tad softer than the Leo Vinces and Stucchi crossover I had on a previous V11 Sport.

I just recently "won" a FBF crossover on e-Bay, and I'm wondering

1. If the FBF crossover will "enhance" the sound.

2. Is there any advantage to adding a PCIII custom map on top of the MG ECU? Or, if I add the custom map, should I just do that using the stock ECU?

As always, thanks for any advice.

1. Yes the FBF crossover will change the sound. It will be slightly louder, especially above 4k rpm, and will have more of a raspy note than with the stock crossover.

2. Yes there will be a gain if you add a PCIII to either combination. When I bought my bike it had the MG Ti exhaust & ECU, stock crossover, and PCIII with custom map. I have a before & after dyno chart showing the gains made with the PCIII from the previous owner. It helped the most with the midrange.

I installed an FBF crossover last winter and drilled the airbox lid. The custom map for the Ti ecu was too lean after that so I switched back to the stock ECU with and downloaded a map for a similarly equipped bike from a fellow forum member. The bike runs great after a minor map tweak.

See the fileshare section of this site for some maps you can download. They might get you close to optimum but your best bet is to get a custom map done once you're done making mods.

Tom, Thanks for info. Nice lookin' LeMans. I cans ee the crossover really cleaned up the bottom. Did you have it ceramic coated?

Crooz...I'm keepin' you in mind.

Thanks. Yes I did have the crossover coated. The PO had already done the header pipes and stock crossover so I had the FBF crossover done too.