Replacement key

dlapierre

Has anyone found a substitute for the ignition/tank key? I have only one key for my bike and should get a spare cut. I know I can probably get a dealer somewhere to mail me one and then get it cut, but I'm wondering if there is a common, cross-referenced substitute I could use.

Has anyone found a substitute for the ignition/tank key? I have only one key for my bike and should get a spare cut. I know I can probably get a dealer somewhere to mail me one and then get it cut, but I'm wondering if there is a common, cross-referenced substitute I could use.

I seem to find blanks being sold on eBay all the time for $8 [which seems ridiculously high to me, for a bit of grooved brass that's going to get notches cut in it, but then I'm notoriously cheap... :D ]

I seem to find blanks being sold on eBay all the time for $8 [which seems ridiculously high to me, for a bit of grooved brass that's going to get notches cut in it, but then I'm notoriously cheap... :D ]

Yes, I saw that. But I was hoping to find something common and locally available. By the way, the best way to view a key blank to determine if it will work or not is by viewing it from the end in addition to looking at it from the side. From the end, my key has an "S" shape to it, more or less. Different keys will have different groove configurations that will make them look different when viewed from the ends.