The Le Mans and I Are Famous!

Dr Gil

Ok, start the clock...my 15 minutes of fame has officially now started.

I was recently interviewed by our local paper about the trip I took from my home in the northern California redwoods down into northern Baja and back. The reporter thought it unique that an "old guy" rode solo on such an adventure and entitled it "Going Solo Moto Guzzi to Baja." :rolleyes:

The article appeared in today's edition. It was posted in the "sports" section and was the lead article for the day.

The online version can be found HERE. The print version included a couple of photos (one of the Guzzi in the desert and one of me eating crawdads in the Sacramento delta) from my trip report that can be found HERE.

For a small fee I will send a sig(h)ned copy of the article to my closest fans. ;)

Guest ratchethack

Outstanding, Gil. I thought the reporter captured the spirit of your entire trip perfectly when he quoted you,

"It was so good, I all but licked the plate." :food:

My second congrat's on a well-documented, and now well publicly reported trip. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

He wrote it up well, and didn't try to put any spin on it.

After a couple of successful brushes with the media - BBC Radio, national newspaper - The Independent and an author researching a book we unfortunately had a less than pleasant experience with a woman's general interest/gossip magazine, who just wanted to put so much spin on the article that we were totally misrepresented, the final print was better but not by much. We kept the moral high ground and didn't take their fee along with it's restrictions, but all the others were done gratis as Debs is just wants to pass the experience on, so wasn't done for monetary gain anyway.

Guest h8chains

Thanks Gil. I was just down in Baja last week, about 150 miles south of the border. The highways are well paved, but narrow. Lots of twisties and great for 2 wheels, unfortunately I was in a car. The farther south, the people are friendly and genuine. The beaches are what it should be, some are rugged, but unspoiled. The best thing they're accessible, not too many darn rich people claiming they own the beach and the piece of ocean in front of it.