Jackal Tonti Frame Question, Breather related

Mike Stewart

The 2000 Jackal uses the frame members for their oil breather like the V11 Sport. My problem is while I had the frame off the bike I noticed that alot of rust was inside the frame and coming out the breather fittings in the frame ( and I mean alot!). Humm, I know the Guzzi's show signs of moisture in the engine and one has to now wonder what that moisture does when it is trapped inside the frame. Question is, do I still use the rusted frame as the collector of the oil (and worry about rust going into the oil) or do I bypass the frame and use the old style collector used on the older bikes or just put a K&N breather filter on the end of the hose? :homer:

Oh yeah, the Jackal frame is going lower frame rail less and a V11 engine is being transplanted. :mg:Framerail_removal12.jpg

Mike

Oh yeah, the Jackal frame is going lower frame rail less and a V11 engine is being transplanted. :mg:

Nice!

Since the frame is always cooler than 100 C, most moisture will condense when it passes through the frame and presumably stay there. I'd go with an external breather. Less moisture in the interior of the frame and if there are any problems with oil pumping, you'll notice it immediately.

Can you fit the old style Eldorado/Ambassador oil collector? Maybe there is something equivalent that actually works?

Any way you can dump some rustoleum into the frame? :lol:

Any way you can dump some rustoleum into the frame? :lol:

Humm, I do think you have a good idea :drink: I think using POR15 fuel tank sealer may work in the frame. An acid wash will neutralize the rust and the paint coating will bond and seal the inside of the frame. If it is gas proof, hopefully it will be moisture proof as well :huh2:

Mike