Daytona RS Headlight replacement, US version

Guest drknow

Guest drknow

Hi guys, I'm on my way building my new Centauro into a Daytona RR. I'm not sure exactly what form it will eventually take, but I'm working on suspension and wheels now, with bodywork soon. I have a Sport 1100i tank, fender and fairing, but I need all the bits to mount the fairing, as well as the headlight. Anyone have some of this stuff they want to unload, or feel like pointing me in the proper direction? There must be a cheap headlight replacement that is the proper size...

Also, as I've posted in the classifieds section, looking for a 5.5 rear wheel to trade for or buy, as well as the under the triples clip-ons from a V11.

Thanks,

DK

I've got to ask: wouldn't it just be easier to sell the Centauro and buy an RS?

Could be, but then he wouldn't have the cool dark grey Centauro engine, & he'd lose the Centauro's accel. advantage from it's lower gearing [i think? could be wrong...]

Heck, anything is an improvement on the Centauro's horrific styling [sorry Centaur riders, it's my personal assessment, you don't have to agree! :P ] & esp. the Sporti/Daytona RS skin, which is about the prettiest bike there ever was. :food:

I'd be doing the same thing if I were him [& had the money! ;) ]

Ride on,

:bike:

Guest drknow

I've got to ask: wouldn't it just be easier to sell the Centauro and buy an RS?

I don't think so, but probably close. However, I don't want a Daytona RS. I want my vision of what a Daytona RS would be today. At that point, it's cheaper to start with the Centauro, which you can buy for about $4k cheaper and then modify to your hearts content.

dk

What could be the best is what i did for a guy with a died centauro engine.

I fit in his centauro a daytona rs engine.

So what could be done is just to replace the cams to have a daytona rs power with a shorter gearbox.

A real great mixture :grin:

geez, a penny for your thoughts!

Heck, do a search on me & you can have'em for free! In the past, I've been quite blunt in my disapproval of the Centauro's appearance, and in fact called for the outright dismissal of any exec who greenlighted that heinous wad of plastic. Great engine, great bike, horrible marketing decision. An eight year old w/ a pile of clay & a little light supervision could have done a better design job.

I'm willing to bet Jay Leno does not have a Centauro in his bike collection. '& if he does, it's clear he never rides it. Nuff said.

:mg:

I'm willing to bet Jay Leno does not have a Centauro in his bike collection. '& if he does, it's clear he never rides it. Nuff said.

:mg:

Well, he has this OCC abomination, so he isn't always the benchmark of good taste. With the amount of bikes he has, I'm sure a few of them are hideous in comparison to a Centauro.

Ken

Jay_Leno_OCC.jpg