V11 Out in Favor of a 96 Sport 1100?

wildbill

Recently picked up a pristine 1996 1100 Sport, and I really love it. Thinking of selling my equally pristine 2000 V11 Sport (green/red frame) in favor of keeping just the 1100 Sport (well, not true, I also have an EV...).

Your thoughts? Keep both?

If I do sell it, it's in Connecticut and it truly is beautiful and runs about flawlessly (occasional FI miss). Rich Maund seat, matching Stucchi chin fairing, PCIII, CRG hind Sight mirrors, other than that it is bone stock and the porkchops never pinked down. If anyone is interested speak up.

I am interested though in the what you think of keeping the 96 and selling the 2000. I don't know, the '96 is a bit more of a chore to ride but what an awesome machine!

Thanks all!

I'm not sure which one I'd sell if I had to sell one of my spineys.

As similar as they are, they are very different.

I've added H+B bags to my Nero Corsa to give it a touring advantage over the Sport 1100, although I've ridden them both all over the country...

Lots of mission overlap between a Sport 1100 and a V11 Sport...

What kind of riding do you do? If it's mainly short, sporting trips then the Sport 1100 would be fine.

On the other hand, a set of Cortech Sport luggage and a tank bag, and you can stay gone on the Sport 1100 as long as your back and wrists can stand it.

I got used to the seating position, though many complain about it. I've even still got the OEM clipons. I tried the Heli Bars, but didn't like them...