Fuel Tank warranty Issues....

Richard Z

The tank on my 04 sport is riding/rubbing the frame at the forward corners causing paint damage. The damage is bad and is only getting worse. Due to the expansion and contraction of the tank it is causing these same areas to spiderweb. has anybody seen or had this happen? My dealer pretty much said live with it because they don't think MGNA will do anything about it.

Thanks,

Richard Z.

Well after some doing, It looks like they will be replacing the tank.. however, according to his information, they can't even find the right parts for the bike. A new fuel sending unit and speedo cable were ordered. Both were the wrong Part #'s. So I imagine finding a new tank will be even tougher.

Richard Z.

The compression and expansion may not be only due to the tip over valve, but the charcoal filter that is located next to the battery in the MG California.

MPH fixed the tip over valve, and I eliminated the charcoal filter, there is no longer any observable tank suction.

MPH detected the liking area, and ordered for me a new -under warranty- gas tank, the wait was getting way too long so MPH fixed my tank at no charge, and we keep waiting... nearly 16 month later MPH e-mailed me the good news -The Tank is here- Since the repair was really solid, I am in no hurry, waiting for some more parts to arrive to pick up them up together...

Enjoying my MG -14k miles-

Anthro :mg:

• 2 weeks later...

3 weeks. Still waiting.... All parts are suppose to be in except the fuel tank. All the dealer will tell me is the tank IS in the USA. Other than that, he doesn't know where in the USA. I find that hard to believe.

Oh well... At least I have something else to ride.

Richard Z.