Failure of fuel gettin to the bike

Alex-Corsa

What a happy end, Alex!

I experienced similar problems with the MotoGuzzi V11 fuel pump when I stayed in Singapore.

Obviously these Pierburg pumps can not come along so well with the heat.

I got it replaced, and I ordered from my dealer MotoSpezial in Germany.

My report is in German only, sorry (http://35229.rapidforum.com/topic=102475709271), so no need to go there for the reading.

But I also did some engineering while waiting for the shipment from Germany to Singapore (and this toooook quite a while, man!), and I added a few lines about fule pump replacement parts.

Goto Bosch Motorsport (http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/content/language1/html/2832.htm),

and I recommend

#580 . 254 044 ...old

#580 . 464 048 ...old

#254 . 464 070 ...new

#580 . 464 070 ...new

'New' means that Bosch has developed a single new, unified standard fuel pump model replacing a few other old models with different plugs or hose connectors.

-Martin-

Thanks a bunch Martin for all your infos :thumbsup:

Cheers :bier:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ratchethack

Congrat's, Alex. :bier:

There's nothin' quite like finally putting a wooden stake thru the heart of that vampire, eh? ;)

post-1212-1187535463.jpg

Just something to ponder. . .

Why is it that the first thing that so many seem to think of when they encounter something beyond their understanding with the Guzzi is, "dump it!" -- ?? Would as many have the same reaction if their car did this, even multiple times?? :huh2:

Methinks you may've been a mite hasty in your opening post with the D-word, my friend. :o:whistle:

I'm pleased you were persistent enough to find the problem and solve it. Treat her well and she'll more'n likely continue to reward you beyond expectations. ;):wub:

Guest ratchethack

Who knows how such a diverse Forum may interpret things, oui?

If your tango partner should spike your toe with her heel, should you drop her on her derriere? :o

Mais, non!

"If you get tangled up. . . just tango on. . .!!" :thumbsup:

- Col. Frank Slade, US Army, retired, Scent of a Woman, 1992.

Must prepare the Guzzi now for a classic rendition of Malena on a twisting, driving, scenic dance to the sea by first properly warming up her deepest rythmic passions!

She will willingly and freely give to me -- and to me alone -- the forbidden secret longings of her soul. . . :race:

post-1212-1187539068.jpg

Who knows how such a diverse Forum may interpret things, oui?

If your tango partner should spike your toe with her heel, should you drop her on her derriere? :o

Mais, non!

"If you get tangled up. . . Well then! Tango on. . .!!" :thumbsup:

- Col. Frank Slade, US Army, retired, Scent of a Woman, 1992.

Must prepare the Guzzi now for a classic rendition of Malena on a twisting, driving, scenic dance to the sea by first properly warming up her deepest rythmic passions!

She will willingly and freely release to me -- and to me alone -- the forbidden secret longings of her soul. . . :race:

Not talking about the partner spiking my toe while tango , talking about my partner pass away from too much passion, she perhaps could not afford having ,while physically interacting with me.

Big difference :sun:

Guest Nogbad

Would as many have the same reaction if their car did this, even multiple times?? :huh2:

Yes. A car is just a tool for getting from A to B with luggage and accoutrements. Any car of mine only has to let me down once in the middle of a journey and it's history. My wife's Fiat Punto stranded her on the M6 this month and it took her 9 hours to get home. Needless to say it has just been chopped in at a loss for a new Hyundai with 5 year warranty.

Who needs a broken unreliable tool eh!

Guest ratchethack

Yes. A car is just a tool for getting from A to B with luggage and accoutrements. Any car of mine only has to let me down once in the middle of a journey and it's history. My wife's Fiat Punto stranded her on the M6 this month and it took her 9 hours to get home. Needless to say it has just been chopped in at a loss for a new Hyundai with 5 year warranty.

Who needs a broken unreliable tool eh!

Way to sweat those assets, Sir Badknob! ;)

Don't know how a 5-year warranty on a new Hyundai will prevent stranding your wife on the M6, but if this should happen, It appears that this makes it time to chop it in at a loss and another new car anyway. . . :huh2:

Say, here's an idea. If you should break down on the M6 with your Guzzi, chain it to something solid, give Alex a call in Andromeda, and he can fly to the UK within a few days, fling you a few farthings for the broken Guzzi, pop in a new fuel pump (or whatever it needs), tour Old Blighty, and Bob's Y'er Uncle. :sun:

K. Vonnegut, Jr. suggested that unplanned travel arrangements are often unrecognized divine guidance in disguise -- or words somewhere close to that effect, as I recall. :whistle:

EDIT: Here's the exact quote:

"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God."

-- from Cat's Cradle, first editions NEW YORK: Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 1963, and LONDON: Victor Gollancz, 1963.

Say, here's an idea. If you should break down on the M6 with your Guzzi, chain it to something solid, give Alex a call in Andromeda, and he can fly to the UK within a few days, fling you a few farthings for the broken Guzzi, pop in a new fuel pump (or whatever it needs), tour Old Blighty, and Bob's Y'er Uncle. :sun:

That's right Ratchet , anyone needs me just drop a call.

I have to say that orders are serviced depending the priority I give