I may never show my O-face again

DeBenGuzzi

I need those O-rings that are for the fuel regulator and I haven't the FOGIEST where to procure some. anyone with any information leading the capture of the suspects are urged to PM deben ASAP.

As Ratchethack says, auto parts stores should have it. However, be sure to get the correct compound for gasoline. It's different from that used on oil.

Also, hydraulic distributors for Parker Hydraulics can be found worldwide.

I went to the auto parts store they had a lot of o rings actually. I couldn't find one that was SLIGHTLY thicker but I ended up with one the same size, heres to hoping the damn thing holds for another 7 years :lol: , nothing more frustrating than a gas leak, I say that as its many times more dangerous than an oil leak, usually an easier fix tho. :luigi:

Guest ratchethack

I went to the auto parts store they had a lot of o rings actually. I couldn't find one that was SLIGHTLY thicker but I ended up with one the same size, heres to hoping the damn thing holds for another 7 years :lol: , nothing more frustrating than a gas leak, I say that as its many times more dangerous than an oil leak, usually an easier fix tho. :luigi:

Nice huntin', DeBen. You did the right thing. It's a pretty hard and fast taboo to replace an o-ring with anything other than the original size. Don't know wot caused your problem in the first place, but if installed correctly and not messed with beyond normal expectations, you shouldn't ever have a problem again. ;)

oh I got a good idea why it failed, I was like HMM what is this thing? a quick drain for the tank? maybe if I spin it? nope, push on it? nope, oh nice its leaking. :homer:

:lol:

its part of my personal flaws I like to get my mits on things to see what and how they work that said its happened to some that it'll leak from age without messing with it but its rare and shouldn't. l'm usually my own worst enemy here but I'm learning, Almost everything I've had problems with on the Goose were my fault. The thinking with a slightly thicker o-ring was that the current size doesn't seem to fill out its space entirely, maybe on purpose. Now I wonder, should I have replaced that little o-ring that was on top? cause I didna, they gave me the o-rings for free too which was nice but I REALLY don't want to take the tank off again that would make like a dozen, once to pop it off and figure out whats going on, put it back. started leaking next day, took it off and put some gas proof sealant in there, started leaking a week later, took that out, cleaned out all my damn sealant chunks(that was a stupid idea) put it back all nice and clean and lasted a little under a weak now took it off again and got a new ring.

Ben,

Did the leaking o ring you replaced look bad to you? I was having a leak in my right fork where the o ring is at the top. I unscrewed the cap & had a look but it looks fine to me. I called my local dealer to get the new ones asap anyway. Since I screwed the cap back on I havent seen anymore leaks

Ben,

Did the leaking o ring you replaced look bad to you? I was having a leak in my right fork where the o ring is at the top. I unscrewed the cap & had a look but it looks fine to me. I called my local dealer to get the new ones asap anyway. Since I screwed the cap back on I havent seen anymore leaks

My Ohlins started leaking out of my rebound adjuster on top,There is a little o ring in there as well. Your's may be the same. :bier:

The proper size O-Ring will not fill the entire groove space, but will be squeezed to about 75%-80% of its cross sectional diameter. Installation should be done with a lubricant to allow it to go in without cutting off part of it on a sharp edge, and to allow it to move to seat itself against the low pressure side of the groove wall. Rubber compound is important. The wrong compound in gasoline will soften and eventually leak.

I got the right compound I asked. I get how it will fit with compression I bet it fills out the slot and I didn't know I needed any lubricant as everything was covered in gas so to speak I should be ok, the o-ring I took out looked fine but was much squishier/flimsy than the new one I put in, that and the new one was much darker black. :huh2: