Signal Lights

loteqv11Naked

I have a 04 V11 Naked and have issues with signal lights. The ones that come factory have the dumbest lens attachment arrangement, the only way Ive been able to keep them on is using black electrical tape which isnt really a good solution.

Anybody else?

I have the same bike as you, and, of course, the same signal lights (in the same country, with likley the same, or worse roads). Haven't really had any problems with mine, except when they hit the ground. After my father put a rope across his cabin driveway without mentioning it to me I also needed electrician's tape to hold a front on, but replaced the lenses with the Buell ones. I have to agree that the mounting seems a bit flimsy, but unless the screw-post gets stripped out, they should hold together ok. What part is failing you?

While waiting for replacement signal lamp assemblies, I learned from this forum that Buell's are almost bolt-on's. The mounting holes had to be driiled out for the slightly larger diameter Buell's They were only 7 bucks each, and had a flexible stalk. The originals had no flex feature built into the stalk, so both stalks had been deformed when someone at the dealer tried to push the bike by the signals.

They just dont seem to stay on or seal correctly. I think Ill try the buell mod and replace the whole assembly.. Mostly the problem is with the back lights not the front.

Just came off a 800km ride through Banff backcountry.. Gorgeous day for it. Good thing is my speedo cable failed yesterday so its like those kms dont even exist on my bike!!! :P

They just dont seem to stay on or seal correctly. I think Ill try the buell mod and replace the whole assembly.. Mostly the problem is with the back lights not the front.

Just came off a 800km ride through Banff backcountry.. Gorgeous day for it. Good thing is my speedo cable failed yesterday so its like those kms dont even exist on my bike!!! :P

Same thing happened to me and others as well.

The original speedo cable housing has a tight bend just above the transmission connection, which causes early failure. Have it replaced with the updated design Moto Guzzi came up with. If delivery is too long from MG, a universal cable can be obtained at NAPA and probably other parts stores. Be sure you get the length right, and you will probably have to grind down the crimped on ferrule to prevent it interfering with the cable housing at the speedo end.

Greg Field or myself can supply the part number for the updated cable if need be.

Same thing happened to me and others as well.

The original speedo cable housing has a tight bend just above the transmission connection, which causes early failure. Have it replaced with the updated design Moto Guzzi came up with. If delivery is too long from MG, a universal cable can be obtained at NAPA and probably other parts stores. Be sure you get the length right, and you will probably have to grind down the crimped on ferrule to prevent it interfering with the cable housing at the speedo end.

Greg Field or myself can supply the part number for the updated cable if need be.

That would be a big help (the updated part number) Thanks... I wouldnt want my dealer to order the old one...

Cheers!

That would be a big help (the updated part number) Thanks... I wouldnt want my dealer to order the old one...

Cheers!

Here they are:

01760481 is the new cable for Cafe Sport, and Ballabio.

01760492 is the new cable for Lemans,Nero Corsa and Rosso Corsa.

Good luck!