impossible to take her hot

Guest fifi93

Guest fifi93

Hello, I

have a restarting problem with my V11. When the motor is cold, if I turn the key I hear well the pump and the motor bike starting. But if she's hot, impossible to restart... I must wait until it cools to set out again.... it is light.....The mecanician does not find the breakdown... He has just make me change the petrol station but the probléme resist... somebody would have it a small idea?????? :bier:

Hello, I

have a restarting problem with my V11. When the motor is cold, if I turn the key I hear well the pump and the motor bike starting. But if she's hot, impossible to restart... I must wait until it cools to set out again.... it is light.....The mecanician does not find the breakdown... He has just make me change the petrol station but the probléme resist... somebody would have it a small idea?????? :bier:

Sounds like the vapor lock problem. Their are different ideas on how to fix it. I relocated the pump and fixed mine. Some say it can be fixed by wrapping in heat shield material. Do a search under vapor lock.

Hope this helps@!

Guest Nogbad

Hello, I

Does it always happen after the motor reaches operating temperature? Or only on a really hot day, possibly after riding in traffic and with the tank low on fuel?

If is always does it, it might be the engine temperature sensor and not vapour lock.

If is always does it, it might be the engine temperature sensor and not vapour lock.

If you want to make sure it is Vapor Lock. Next time it refuses to start. Disconnect the fuel line at the fuel shut off. You will get a big gas bubble (burp)! Reconnect the line and the bike will start right up. If a manual cut off (don't forget to turn the fuel off and back on).

Later

Guest fifi93

Sometime, even if the weather is cold the motor bike does not set out again. The petrol station was change by an older pump, I put on my model 2004 the pump of one V11 of 2002. On the other hand when the pump was to change I did not make regulate the injection. Would an update of the ECU be perhaps sufficient???? or then change mechanic??? :huh2:

I forgot...... thank you for your assistances... I would say to you if I find the breakdown

Guest Nogbad

Sometime, even if the weather is cold the motor bike does not set out again. The petrol station was change by an older pump, I put on my model 2004 the pump of one V11 of 2002. On the other hand when the pump was to change I did not make regulate the injection. Would an update of the ECU be perhaps sufficient???? or then change mechanic??? :huh2:

I forgot...... thank you for your assistances... I would say to you if I find the breakdown

The pump should not affect the injection so long as the delivery pressure is correct. The pump maintains a fixed pressure behind the injector valve, and the ECU opens the valve for a time depending on the throttle position, engine rpm etc. If the pump pressure was too high the mixture would be rich, if too low, too lean. There would also be potential problems with the spray pattern and droplet size if the pump pressure was way out one way or the other. The regulator is a separate item on my external pump 2000 model. I don't know about the pump-in-tank types.

I still think it might be a temperature sensor problem. What colour are the spark plugs after a long run?