Ride Report

Ouiji Veck

Just a quick summation so as not to bore you.

Left here in blazing heat 10 a.m Fri 7-28

Picked up 4 Weirdos in Longmeadow Ma. and headed north of

Pittsburg NH. 250 mi @ 80mph pretty much.

Stopped for gas with 192 mi on the trip meter...yayyyyyyyyyyyy! A record.

Crossed into Canada Sat.AM...(absolute breeze through customs both ways)beat feet to Quebec City....shlogged up the N. side

of the sea way for an hour before things started to thin out.

The next few days were up to and around Baie Comeau..had to wait an extra day

for the ferry to Mantane on the Gaspe Peninsula.

Did a figure 8 through the Chic Choc Mts. and up and down each coast of Gaspe.

Finally back down some great rds. through New Brunswick into Fort Kent / Caribou Me.

And lastly to the Yankee Beemers Heath rally where they go out of their way to make

the lost tribe of Guzzi welcome.

All in all another epic trip. I could go on and on about the great roads, Fjords, whales

Mosse'es, food, people, spectacular scenery, abuse of the roads and language,

The best part though was the relentless throb of the Guzzi. After worrying about what I might

not have addressed since last winter the bike was happy as a puppy doing a perpetual 80

on the highways or beatting on it through the Chic Choc Mt. Rds.

Only five of us went. 3 others had health or other conflicts.

Too bad. Next year hopefully it's gonna be mini motor homes, big trailers and the Rocky Mts.

I never want to do big slab runs in 96 deg heat again.

May as well stay home and shingle the roof.

Did some 80mph one hand camera clicking sweepers.....

Hard time loading pics....

Another try......

DSC00246.JPG

DSC00251.JPG

DSC00301.JPG

Hardly boring. One of your pix is the Saguenay ferry... Did you stop in Tadoussac? See the whales there? Have a few Belle Guelles? One of these days I'm going to do it again and head up to the Manicouagan Reservoir. Sounds great, weather looked great too. You should write an extended report - this is one of the great rides in the northeast. The mountain roads shocked my shock, and I pogoed my way back to Maine from one of those inland roads on the way to Forillon. Food isn't too bad either, huh?

Yes a more detailed report is in order. This is a trip I have always wanted to take, other than the "Choclate Chip" mountains! :D Seriously though did you need a passport for Canada? This could something for me to plan next summer/ fall.

Ouiji Veck will you be attending Monson this fall and when is that rally late September?

Hal

We left with expired passports (should've looked before we left I guess :homer: ), but also had our licenses. No problem coming or going. The passport renewal thing is such a nightmare here right now, that I think they are just trying to muddle through it all. I read somewhere that there is something on the order of 500,000 passports in renewal limbo right now.

The ruling is (I guess) that they will require passports for travel to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda etc in 2008.