I ride!

mdude

First testride after my electric failure yesterday, and first ride with a 160 rear tyre instead of the ballooning 170. Changed to Metz M6, by the way.

Wow, what a difference that tyre made, bike much more stable and easy to steer. Really. really confidence inspiring. I never really trusted it before in turns and had to manhandle it in the tigh ones, now I just let it steer itself. That was good forum advice! and the metzelers even look good.

Strange thing also, after the fondling of all of the electrics it just goes better.... less vibrations, smoother throttle...wazzzupp? It starts differently too; before it erupted with a KABOOM (quite theatrical and nice, scaring kids and small animals over to the other side of the street) after a bit of whirring, now it just starts smoothly without drama. Of course I still have some of the" temp sensor symptoms"; rough and jerky running when the wind cools the sensor, but still.

Glad to hear that all is now good.

Before my Guzzi I had a Multistrada 620 with a 160 rear tire. I really liked the way it just fell into turns :race: Effortlessly it seemed. I wonder if a 160 would fit on my 04 Coppa with the 5.5 inch rim(?).

Glad to hear that all is now good.

Before my Guzzi I had a Multistrada 620 with a 160 rear tire. I really liked the way it just fell into turns :race: Effortlessly it seemed. I wonder if a 160 would fit on my 04 Coppa with the 5.5 inch rim(?).

doesnt the coppa have a 180 tire as stock? going to 170 would then be helpful wouldnt it?

Right. With the stock rim it has a 180 mounted, so I guess a 170 might work. Some forum members have gone to the narrower rear wheel to allow an even narrower 160 (?) tire.

Hey Joe:

I'm not certain, but I don't think any forum members have actually swapped out the wide wheel yet [Pete Roper's trying to find someone to swap w/ him for his Scura, but I don't know if its a done deal yet...]; but iirc, the 2000 & 2k1 V11s came w/ the 5 inch rear wheel, vs. the 5.5 inch on 02+ models. So they get to go from 170 down to 160 to get the same results as the riders of later bikes going from 180 to 170. :nerd:

Ride on!

:bike:

Guest ratchethack

iirc, the 2000 & 2k1 V11s came w/ the 5 inch rear wheel, vs. the 5.5 inch on 02+ models. So they get to go from 170 down to 160 to get the same results as the riders of later bikes going from 180 to 170. :nerd:

Skeeve, the 2000 V11s came with a 4.5" rear wheel. Suprprsingly enough, :not: the Fashion Statement/Designer/Bling jump wasn't just to 5", because MORE IS ALWAYS BETTER to the heavily Bling-blighted Great Unwashed Moto Market! That's right, Guzzi, pandering to a market heavily indoctrinated by pervasive "appearance over substance" Sales and Marketing pressure to believe that not only do Great Big Fat Rear Tires look "cool" (OCC's 300 rear tire abominations being the yardstick by which all are apparently measured for "cool") :vomit: , but riders will evidently WILLINGLY take a huge handling hit (even in the exceptionally rare case when they ACTUALLY KNOW THEY'RE DOING IT! :homer: ) just for parking-lot/parade-float "status". . . so a FULL INCH wider was the way they went. . . <_<