Frankensport is back

D_allison

Hey all,

New member here from Buckeye, AZ. I'm Callisons son. He posted a little while ago that he gave his Frankensport project to me. I've been riding it for 3 weeks now after taking a 3 year absence from riding (was stationed in the UK) I am glad to be back on a bike. I had the computer tuned at Ton-Up motorcycles here in Phoenix and they did an awesome job. The bike runs better than I ever remember. Last week I spent about 4 hours polishing scratches and swirl marks out of the paint with my arsenal of car detailing supplies (my other hobby) and I must say the black paint has the hardest clear coat I have ever seen. The silver was easy to work with though. I ended up using Pinnacle XMT #3 then #2 and 1. I used Klasse sealer glaze to top it off for a deep reflection. I still have yet to clean up the rest of the bike but here are some pics. Please don't mind the tank bag flipped up, I had it up so I could work on the tank.

IMGP2588.jpg

IMGP2589.jpg

IMGP2587.jpg

IMGP2590.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

I know Carl dubbed it Frankensport because of all the parts it was sourced from, but I expect an ugly bike when I hear the name. That is one nice looking V11Sport!

And looks even finer all polished up. :bier:

Welcome to the forum!

I know Carl dubbed it Frankensport because of all the parts it was sourced from, but I expect an ugly bike when I hear the name. That is one nice looking V11Sport!

And looks even finer all polished up. :bier:

Frankensport was never an ugly bike, the PO however... :grin:

Hey Doug me boyo, the bike does look really good. The next time I come out to Arizona, I'll just bring out all of my bikes and let you practice your other hobby.

the ppl at the wheels of italy kinda of said I got a frankensport, one said I should paint the whole thing in this kind of rhinocoat bed liner, I think he was a little off his rocker, I may go black with the tail if I ever get ahold of a carbon front fender. who woulda thought that would be harder to find than the carbon chin pad on the tank. :huh2:

the ppl at the wheels of italy kinda of said I got a frankensport, one said I should paint the whole thing in this kind of rhinocoat bed liner, I think he was a little off his rocker, I may go black with the tail if I ever get ahold of a carbon front fender. who woulda thought that would be harder to find than the carbon chin pad on the tank. :huh2:

Sorry Ben, there won't ever be more than the one Frankensport. Your thing about Rhinocoat reminds me of some shenanigans with a VW bus when I was in junior college though. It's too long of a story to tell here but if we ever get to a campfire at the same time and place, remind me to tell the tale.