Do I roll the dice and ride this weekend?

Guest NotRight

Guest NotRight

A bit of a silly post but thought it might benefit me.

I haven't ridden my 04 Cafe Sport all summer. Agh! Gasp! Snarky Remarks! I know. Truth is its been low on my list. This spring and summer I've been on a rollercoaster facing the fact another life altering upheaval is headed my way as once again a manufacturer I work for is headed for serious calamity and downsizing. I escaped the Christmas Layoff. But, well anyhow I had no spirit to get out this summer.

My lady has been garage stored and was tuned and winterized before her beauty sleep. I fired her up today and she started fine and she spoke to me with her soulful voice "where have you been?".

She hasn't caused me one problem since we met last summer and we made 3500 miles of love. She was a virgin as was I.

This week I decided I really want to get away from the stress and enjoy time with her on a trip from Chicago to the upper peninsular and back this weekend.

But is this a bit silly or risky for the first trip of the season? Tyres are fine, no leaks at all during storage, battery topping up again now on the charger.

Or am I being overly chondriac-ical? My gut feeling is maybe I'd experience at worst a weird electrical snafu. Or maybe the oil filter would spin off.

But I'm asking because of my neophyte status. There might be things I'm not thinking about like grease and driveline or whatever. And, with my current state of mind a breakdown on the road might bring me down more.

Should I go and benefit from some of the sweet goodness that comes from a long ride on a guzzi?

Should be fine. If you're worried, then find and write down Guzzi dealers between you and your destination. I have 18K or so on mine and no problems, so I think you have a couple gas tanks left in her.

I know what you mean about not riding because of life altering upheavals. In my case, a 1.5 year old daughter really does cut down on riding time.

You said goodbye lovingly.

She greeted your return warmly.

If you rode no other then your conscience should be clear.

Sounds like a weekend trip would do you both a world of good. Enjoy the diversions that life offers you as a temporary escape from the various upheavals. Get out on the road and let her sing to you!

Guest Mattress

You said goodbye lovingly.

She greeted your return warmly.

If you rode no other then your conscience should be clear.

Sounds like a weekend trip would do you both a world of good. Enjoy the diversions that life offers you as a temporary escape from the various upheavals. Get out on the road and let her sing to you!

I've been faithful to the core. But I admit admiring the lines of a street triple in a magazine.

I think her tone of voice forgave me for tossing us both down the shoulder of a road on our last long ride. In fact it brought us closer.

Is it possible to make love to a motorcycle? Ackk! now thats just silly.

I know what you mean about not riding because of life altering upheavals. In my case, a 1.5 year old daughter really does cut down on riding time.

...Younger,5 bikes, no wife or kids. Now, a 5 year old , 2 year old and wife, 2 bikes, and 1 soon. Wouldn't change a thing... :grin:

....Ride the *I$%*&* out of it! You NEED to get past the "Running In", soon. Then the fun TRULY creeps out of this bike, into you... Feel free to let me know if you come near Chicago. Have fun , S.H.

She hasn't caused me one problem since we met last summer and we made 3500 miles of love. She was a virgin as was I.

But I'm asking because of my neophyte status. There might be things I'm not thinking about like grease and driveline or whatever. And, with my current state of mind a breakdown on the road might bring me down more.

Should I go and benefit from some of the sweet goodness that comes from a long ride on a guzzi?

Depends , you wanna have love or just pet around?

I would suggest a small 100-200 mile test rip before you do a bigger one.