How to unlock your car with a Tennis Ball

don't think that would work on newer cars, mine is a slide lock type on the side of the door and the wifes car has a pivot style one that is also on the side of the door. its possible but I think they are seperated from the keyhole and done with actuators and little metal bits not air pressure :huh2:

Maybe if you had a 25,000 PSI tennis ball.

:lol:

better yet, fill the tennis ball with lead and use it to open the window. :lol:

This is really old here in the UK (maybe 20 yr's), I remember it from when I was training as a mechanic, the son of a police officer told me he'd seen his father actually do this when someone locked themselves out of their car (he claimed the police kept finding half a tennis ball at car theft sites and finally worked out why!).I seem to remember it only worked on the central locking Fords of the time (which could explain why Cosworths were never where the owner left them :grin: ) but a workmate (the bouncing Czech :grin: ) says he heard it worked on some Skodas, I figured it must have been a weakness in the electrical contacts that fire the central locking motors rather than the lock itself (you don't have to unlock the car with the air pressure but just get the central locking to switch) but never tried it out because it could dent the door panel. :huh2:

The other one I heard is that with Porches you kick the boot floor hard and the doors unlock because its designed to unlock the if it thinks its been rear ended :huh2:

But it just could be a myth ? :huh2:

This is for people who are gullible.

I think that the video is a fake but I still think that to truly bust the myth they needed to try a selection of cars and older models . As I said before this story has been around in the UK for 20yrs and if I remember correctly was only linked to the central locking Fords of that time.

If the myth is true then as I've said before its probably due to the electrical contacts being closed by the air being forced through the central locking switch (usually mounted on the back of the lock barrel) rather than the lock itself being breached ? :huh2:

If only we knew a UK Police officer, then he could ask the Traffic Division if its true :P