Greetings

Mike Rother

Greetings all,

New MG owner here, just flew from Minnesota to Phoenix Arizona and picked up my '03 Lemans on August 9th, 2007. It had 4713 miles on the odometer when I first headed out of the seller's garage that day driving north to escape the AZ heat. 3 weeks of proud ownership has now added more than 2500 miles to my Lemans taking me through Flagstaff, AZ; Albuquerque & Santa Fe, NM; as well as Colorado Springs & Denver, CO.

I must say it was a long ride back but this aloud me some intimate time to be alone with my new ride. Other than a broken speedo cable just outside the MN border, my trip went without incident.

My first rally was the '07 North American National Moto Guzzi Rally held in my home state of Minnesota which was barley a week into my Guzzi ownership. Fortunately for my daughter and myself, I elected to stay in a hotel in nearby Lacrosse WI due to the 2000 plus mile ride home the week prior.

Well, Thursday and Friday went great at the rally but Saturday the rains came and by early Sunday, the campgrounds which the rally was held flooded completely! Many owners and enthusiasts lost their bikes, trailers and more; not the mention the locals who lost everything. I was a little surprised not to see more V11's at the rally, only a few Lemans and a couple other V11 naked owners showed to the event.

I must say that I love your site and its' members knowledge in this forum, I've had two little quirks develop on my bike both of which were well documented here. One was a loose wire on the starter solenoid and the other in the sensitive engine cut-off switch on the right handlebar control. Thanks to everyone's blog, I was able to easily find and fix these problems.

Can't say I've owned many bikes (this is only my second) but I grew up on the back of my father's Eldorado in the early 70's which I'm sure is where my love for the brand came. Being more sport minded lead me to purchase my first bike a little more than two years ago; a '92 Suzuki GSXR1100 which was slightly modified. Though a great bike, I always wanted to continue my father's interest in these V-twins which has brought me to my current bike.

Since I bought my bike in Arizona, it has now scene New Mexico, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota and it will soon see Hawaii. You see, I've recently retired from the Army after just over 20 years of active service and will follow my wife's job to Kauai Island this month. In fact, my bike and household goods where shipped this week and I can hardly wait to ride there. A new super-ferry will begin inter-island commutes this winter which should help me and my wife explore the other islands on my Lemans as well.

If anyone knows of other MG riders in the Hawaii Islands - please let me know, I'm going to miss riding amongst MG owners over the course of the next couple years.

Respectfully,

Mike

Moto_Guzzi_009.JPG

Mike, welcome. There was a fellow in HI a couple of years back with a highly modified Guzzi Lemans (early)...he was Navy. He had a few posts at Guzzitech.com. Do not know if he is still out there. Keep smiling. k

Mike, welcome. There was a fellow in HI a couple of years back with a highly modified Guzzi Lemans (early)...he was Navy. He had a few posts at Guzzitech.com. Do not know if he is still out there. Keep smiling. k

Thanks for the reply K, looks like you have done a few mods to your bike judging from your info... Would love to see some pics of your mods - mine is nearly stock except for levers and Buell mirrors but I'm looking to do more and need some ideas.

Mke